Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celtic Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by crank_case View Post
    Probably just go buy a new BRZ/GT86
    They are as disappointing as the rudder on the Titanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by crank_case View Post
    Get out there and drive it as much as possible...You or it will not be around forever, at least not with any original parts.

Fk8 Civic type r or BMW M with 4 doors if you want something more subtle.

Civic is a hatchback with almost as much boot space as an Octavia estate, more comfortable adaptive dampers than others in it's class, 750 tax bracket. Best of both worlds, 4c would be great fun but completely impractical unless you have a second car, lack of storage, no power steering, stiff etc etc

4c would be my choice of second car from the above though, love the look of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chawkie View Post
    That GTR is owned by BrianC1 off here I believe...
    It is indeed. I met Brian and the GTR. Gorgeous car.

Quote Originally Posted by Timm View Post
    Fk8 Civic type r or BMW M with 4 doors if you want something more subtle.

Civic is a hatchback with almost as much boot space as an Octavia estate, more comfortable adaptive dampers than others in it's class, 750 tax bracket. Best of both worlds, 4c would be great fun but completely impractical unless you have a second car, lack of storage, no power steering, stiff etc etc

4c would be my choice of second car from the above though, love the look of them.
    Certainly the more modern cars are the practical choice and the cars listed much harder to live with day to day. Completely agree with you on the Alfa. It's a lovely thing!

From the list the 4C, to me one of the most beautiful simple pure shapes in a long time. I would put it up there with a 1957 Porsche Speedster as a thing of simple beauty.

Off the list it would have to be a BMW i8. To think that young successful single dudes in Ireland go and pay around 50k for a 520D (neighbours think they have bought a "sports car") when they could have an i8 :

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...n-new/23259938

I8 is a good one actually, very cool looking car and becoming very attainable / affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by tango90 View Post
    BRZ is equally as liable to implode as th the Aston or Maserati and 50K on a Toyota..... really?
    Even in the worst case scenario, price up a replacement BRZ engine vs an Aston or Maserati Engine. It'd also be under warranty and even out of warranty, an early catastrophic failure might have some comeback via the dealer/distributor as the first owner. Plus, no-one has neglected it before you.

Realistically though, I wouldn't buy the BRZ either. Assuming that this 50k is to be spent on fun cars, I'd just pour a lot of it into the Cappuccino and the rest into cheap classics.

I guess I take the view that the purchase price of a used enthusiast car is only the price of entry and the real costs come after.

As a middle ground, a used S2 Elise/Exige with the 'yota engine would be ridiculous fun for the cash.

I'd pick up an original NSX and some are coming up to vintage tax soon.
    I'm standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused

Quote Originally Posted by Bazg2 View Post
    I'd pick up an original NSX and some are coming up to vintage tax soon.
    Good choice if you can find one.

Im seriously thinking of getting an M2 after Christmas

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...22p-w/22925373