Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: BMW E91 325i M-Sport Touring Ownership Diary

Quote Originally Posted by GeeTI View Post
    Cut the wear sensor and twist the wires together, it'll stop the warning light on the dash.
    Oh I have the new wear sensors here and ready to be fitted, I just don’t have a low entry trolley jack and have been putting it on the long finger due to a shoulder dislocation in November and appendicitis/appendectomy at the end of December.

Miraculously, no mention of the headlights!

It failed on the brake service light!

I’ll carve out some time over the weekend to replace the sensors and get it booked in for an inspection ASAP, but I’m calling that a positive outcome!

Last edited by colm89; 13-01-2021 at 11:44 PM.

Brake Fluid or Brake Wear light?

Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    Brake Fluid or Brake Wear light?
    It’s the brake service indicator, I don’t think there is a brake fluid light

Any trip to the NCT that gives a perfectly DIY-able list of minor fails, counts as a pass

Set aside some time this morning to replace the brake wear sensors and get this road legal once and for all. Front sensor was a doddle, popped straight into the space occupied by the existing one, but the rear would not fit for love nor money. In the end I opted to snip the cable on the old one and twist the wires together, bypassing the wear sensor altogether, and hey presto, no more service lights:

Only for the long and winding road of e91 ownership, this wouldn’t be such a significant step forward in my ownership experience to date:

I’m probably stupid and/or mad to track this, and even more stupid and/or mad to share it, but this is the cost of running a 13 year old 325i for 14 months and approximately 7500 miles:

To make you feel better, I've a 2006 Renaultsport Megane I bought a similar time, have done 6k miles and costing me more!

Gotta say, I'm not seeing anything too shocking about the numbers! My daily has been going hard at the unexpected expense the last year or so too.

Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Gotta say, I'm not seeing anything too shocking about the numbers! My daily has been going hard at the unexpected expense the last year or so too.
    Oh yeah, ECU debacle aside, it hasn’t been too bad!