Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW E91 325i M-Sport Touring Ownership Diary

BMW E91 325i M-Sport Touring Ownership Diary

Much like Kingers thread detailing the ups and downs of e39 msport ownership, which I attempted to follow when I later owned it, I thought it might be interesting to do the same with the e91 325i msport touring I picked up on Saturday.

A pic taken upon arrival to test drive:

I spent a good hour looking over it with the seller, stretching it's legs as much as possible in zone 3 London, before agreeing on a price and signing the documents!

The deal included genuine BMW roof rack and roof box, which i had to help fit before making my way home.

I'm toying with selling the roof box, although it would be handy for the drive to Ireland, as the boot will be occupied by my 7 year old greyhound!

Naturally on the drive home the passenger side xenon flickered and died, just my luck! These must be replaced in pairs to colour match, so I ordered a pair of osram night breaker d1s bulbs at a frightening price of £140, unaware of how much a pain they'd be to fit! Also ordered is a normal set of reg plates to replace the tacky 3d things on it!

This morning was spent removing arch liners to replace the xenons, which I hope to not have to do again for a while! Annoyingly I snapped one of the small plastic retaining clips on the rear of the passenger side bulb cover, but whoever last changed them done the same on the driver side, so at least now they're matching! There are 4 other clips holding the cover on, so hopefully not a major issue!

Took it for a spin on lunch to make sure the bulbs were working

The previous owner had gotten the ugly as sin, non detachable tow bar fitted recently as he planned to buy a caravan, before deciding to sell the car. The visible part of tow bar can be unbolted easily enough, which I need to do, but toying with having the electrics removed as well as it just looks so bad.

It's currently booked into Munich Legends for a post-purchase inspection on 30th November, as the previous owner changed a rear caliper on his driveway, and I just don't trust him enough to have done a good job! It will be nice to have the peace of mind for the long spin home for Christmas on 19th December!
    Last edited by colm89; 12-11-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Petrol tourings are utterly fantastic! Hope you enjoy driving her. Pity you didn't sign up to BMW First. €5 a month subscription and they replace any defective bulbs (incl Xenons) and a set of wipers per year. Edit, you would need an Irish Reg..my bad!
    Current: '06 Silver Grey E60 530d
    Previous: '03 Silver Grey E46 M3, '02 Imola Red E46 325Ci, '98 Cosmos Schwartz E36 318iS

Because it seems to be the done thing with BMW, the spec from mdecoder:

Prod. Date 2007-07-19
    Type 325I OL (EUR)
    Series E91 (3 Series)
    Body Type TOUR
    Steering RL
    Engine N52
    Displacement 2.50
    Power 160kw / 218hp
    Drive HECK
    Transmission Manual
    Colour LEMANSBLAU METALLIC (381)
    Upholstery LEDER DAKOTASCHWARZ (LCSW)

Editions And Packages
    P337A M Sports Package
    S704A M Sports Suspension
    S710A M Leather Steering Wheel
    S715A M Aerodynamics Package

Comfort And Interior Equipment
    S428A Warning Triangle And First Aid Kit
    S431A Interior Mirror With Automaticdip
    S441A Smoker Package
    S481A Sports Seat
    S4ADA Interior Trim Strips Alu Brushed Fine

Multimedia
    S644A Preparation F Mobile Phone W Bluetooth
    S663A Radio BMW Professional
    S694A Provisions For BMW 6 CD Changer

Driver Assistance And Lightning
    S507A Park Distance Control PDC Rear
    S521A Rain Sensor
    S534A Automatic Air Conditioning
    S544A Cruise Control With Brake Function
    S563A Light Package
    S520A Fog Lights

Wheels And Drive
    S249A Multifunction F Steering Wheel
    S2MFA BMW Alloy Wheel M Spider Spoke 193

Environment And Safety
    S302A Alarm System
    S386A Roof Railing
    S850A ZUSAETZL TANKFUELLUNG EXPORT
    S863A Retailer Directory Europe
    S877A Delete Crosspattern Operation
    S880A Onboard Vehicle Literature English
    S8S2A Coding Alarm Signal
    S8S3A Automatic Locking When Driving Off
    S8SMA Car Ident Number Visible From Outside
    S8SPA Control Unit COP
    S321A Exterior Parts In Vehicle Color
    S853A Language Version English

Individual Equipment
    S760A High Gloss Shadow Line
    S775A Headlining Anthracite

Other Equipment
    S1CAA Selection Of COP Relevant Vehicles
    L812A National Version England Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS cosmos View Post
    Petrol tourings are utterly fantastic! Hope you enjoy driving her. Pity you didn't sign up to BMW First. €5 a month subscription and they replace any defective bulbs (incl Xenons) and a set of wipers per year. Edit, you would need an Irish Reg..my bad!
    A mate in Dublin was telling me about this, but I haven't been able to find such a thing here in the UK!

I'm looking at E61's for a while now, mainly looking at 520d's but every so often I search for a petrol one. It's amazing how few petrol ones are out there even in the UK. This E91 looks good though.

That looks very tasty Colm! The roofbox and tow bar look really ‘lifestyle’ - few bikes on the back, dog in the boot, buggy in the roof box, screaming wife and children in rear seats

Nice car. Would not worry about the owner replacing the caliper on his driveway. Not much to it bar the bleeding and you would feel that. But no harm get it all looked over and see what is what with it.

Well wear and nice choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gn3dr View Post
    I'm looking at E61's for a while now, mainly looking at 520d's but every so often I search for a petrol one. It's amazing how few petrol ones are out there even in the UK. This E91 looks good though.
    A lot of them have been to the moon and back too!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingers View Post
    That looks very tasty Colm! The roofbox and tow bar look really ‘lifestyle’ - few bikes on the back, dog in the boot, buggy in the roof box, screaming wife and children in rear seats
    Hopefully not for a while

Quote Originally Posted by jimgti View Post
    Nice car. Would not worry about the owner replacing the caliper on his driveway. Not much to it bar the bleeding and you would feel that. But no harm get it all looked over and see what is what with it.

Well wear and nice choice.
    It's not so much the caliper, but moreso what else he might have diy'd and not told me ha ha!

Love it, the big question for me is....... How much is her Majesty's road tax?

@kingers,

Dark rims....All tge cool kids have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennwagen View Post
    Love it, the big question for me is....... How much is her Majesty's road tax?

@kingers,

Dark rims....All tge cool kids have them.
    Are you sure you want to hear it?

£28 a month...