Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NCT centre for posh cars?

NCT centre for posh cars?

My car went through the NCT on Friday night, so happy days. But as I sat in the overly bright "practical" waiting room it got me thinking, Where do people with posh cars go for their NCT? Like the super cars owners on here, what NCT centre do you use? Is there a particular time that you try to get? Or do you just rock up and park the car beside some sh1t box 15 year old Ford Focus or Clio?

Like I often think that I'd pay a bit extra for a more careful car test, especially regarding parking them in the car park while it waits to be tested. (Or even in car parks, pay a bit extra for a wider, safer parking spot.)
    Last edited by markcro; 11-11-2019 at 02:10 PM.
    We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    Deansgrange for the 458.
    And it just goes in with the normal dross by any random tester?
    I find the testers to be hit and miss, some are very car conscious but a few that I've gotten verged on car abuse (wheel spinning between test stations, blasting out of the car park etc.).
    We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Yes, I've had no problems, quite the opposite in fact. They like cars there.

I went to Deansgrange once years ago with my dad's '96 Mazda 626. The lads loved it. Quirky car, low miles, mint. Got robbed off the drive one night without the key in Blanch.

Well in fairness I'd say an old Mazda could be robbed with a safety pin and it was in Blanch.

Well in fairness I'd say an old Mazda could be robbed with a safety pin and it was in Blanch.
    100%. No immobiliser back then. Never found either. That's what I get for living in close promixity to Hartstown.

Couple of lads in Kells who love their cars. Pleasure to hand the keys over to them.

Two other lads there on the other hand must eat porridge thats pissed in every morning

Live in Blanch, had old Mazda nicked, can confirm.

I've mostly used the northpoint 1/2 centres and no complaints apart from one last who failed my freshl imported MR-S on a technicality that the perfectly legible, camera readable standard font on my number plates was a mm or so too small. I didn't even know, I just took what the motor factors made up for me.

Bet the mangey git got the ruler out just to spot it.
    Last edited by crank_case; 11-11-2019 at 03:16 PM.

The guys in Nenagh, my local centre, in general love seeing something interesting and treat it with care. Even less valuable stuff like my mk2 GTI and E39 M5, I felt they enjoyed the break from diesel Ford Focuses etc. Even though they're doing all the same tests.
    www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk5 GTI, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, yadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.