Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: So a Tesla then

Quote Originally Posted by OutRun View Post
    Great drivers car. Best in a dark colour though...
    I had my first drive of one of these last week and absolutely loved it. Loved both the exterior and the interior. Loved the drive, power just perfect for here and though it was a great steer. A superb package.

You're not alone on the i8's - I don't like them at all. Not that I'll have to worry about it because I don't play at that end of the market.

..I reckon a Model S is still worth a spin. I use a GS450h daily and it felt about 1000 years old after the Tesla. I get the feeling the later cars are a lot better built too...

Quote Originally Posted by mick View Post
    ..I reckon a Model S is still worth a spin. I use a GS450h daily and it felt about 1000 years old after the Tesla. I get the feeling the later cars are a lot better built too...
    Yeah. I was the same after I popped my Tesla cherry. Getting back into your own feels like

Quote Originally Posted by deltona View Post
    Wrong Korea, contrary to what you may have heard, North Korea is not best Korea.

I test drove the model S when I had a 335i and was delighted to have the sense of occasion of the engine/exhaust note to come back to. Didn't have that effect on me at all.

This might be timely so putting it here.

Auto Motor und Sport (and a few other mags) got a chance to drive the Polestar 2 recently. The language is a bit flowery but they quipped about what it was like to step out of a (production) Model 3 into a pre-production Polestar 2. Translates roughly to this:

The Polestar team is careful to point out that the car we’re going to drive is a prototype. Which is kind of funny when we’ve just driven the Tesla Model 3. If this is a pre-production car then you don’t really want to drive the American prototype. Maybe Tesla liked their pre-production car so much that they have tried to keep as many of its characteristics as possible in the production version?

We’re trying to be nice but fact is that Polestar 2 is already far ahead of the Model 3 when it comes to build quality.
    I'm with the resistance

Quote Originally Posted by markb View Post
    I test drove the model S when I had a 335i and was delighted to have the sense of occasion of the engine/exhaust note to come back to. Didn't have that effect on me at all.

..well I was lucky enough to drive the Model S back-to-back with both the Giulia and Stelvio QFs, so I know where you're coming from. The fast Alfas are genuinely remarkable, and personally I'd still have one over a Tesla all day long.

But the Tesla is remarkable in a different way. Ideally you'd have them both I guess.. !

You don't need anything other than a Giulia Quadrifoglio, it can do it all
    I'm with the resistance

Quote Originally Posted by DMZ View Post
    You don't need anything other than a Giulia Quadrifoglio, it can do it all
    ^ This.

We'll all be bludgeoned into EVs in a few years anyway, and not simply by our own government, but by the EU. I don't think people realize that 95gm CO2 fleet average with fines for ever car that exceeds that is only a starting point - they then want a 35% reduction from there (which is why we're seeing a reverse dieselgate right now, where CO2 figures are being inflated rather than underplayed), which means the ICE is effectively finished in Europe in a decade, which is nuts when Asia and the Americas aren't even remotely on board with that strategy (lets not forget that big continent called Africa and its emerging economies too..).

I'd wait til then, because then you have no choice anyway and we might even have EVs that are remotely good value.

EU future policy is essentially so extreme it pretty much actively encourages you not to buy an EV now, but rather to go buy the most crazy Italian trombone thing while you still can instead of being a beta tester sucker for a huckster nerdmobile glued together with papier mache made from printed linkedin about "innovation". Well done EU, slapping yerself on the back for being "soooo progressive" but shooting yourself in both feet, environmentally, yet again. Tell me the one about how burning trees instead of coal is "renewable energy" again.

Ideally you'd have them both I guess.. !

No, you buy the Giulia, but take the train to work. If you actually care about the planet.

Get a Giulia, it's the responsible thing to do.
    Last edited by crank_case; 13-11-2019 at 10:46 AM.