Thread: I think I actually hate buying a car these days

Quote Originally Posted by tossy View Post
    Amorak
    Touran
    Kodiaq VRs
    Also found in;

Arteon
    Allspace

Tiguan has it too, actually I'm not sure if the Touran does?

Sorry yeah i always get Tiguans and tourans mixed up.

Also forgot about Arteons.

I know of an ultra low mileage f11 520d coming to the market in the next week or two. Yes it’s a four pot diesel that doesn’t get much love on here but they are a lovely place to sit, cover miles with ease and offer great practicality. If I were you and just wanted no nonsense, comfortable and spacious motoring I would be looking at one of these, a superb estate or e class estate.

Quote Originally Posted by JPW View Post
    I get the impression you're looking for something higher power than 115hp (diesel) or 140hp (petrol) but they're dual clutch boxes, Meganes never had the poxy robotised manuals.
    Mégane GT? 200bhp and dual clutch

Have you looked at the BMW 4 series Gran Coupe? I had one and you can fit a huge amount in - like an estate or giant hatch back. The ZF auto box is amazing and a nice choice of engines. It’s a very well sorted package.

Quote Originally Posted by derekjohn View Post
    I know of an ultra low mileage f11 520d coming to the market in the next week or two. Yes it’s a four pot diesel that doesn’t get much love on here but they are a lovely place to sit, cover miles with ease and offer great practicality. If I were you and just wanted no nonsense, comfortable and spacious motoring I would be looking at one of these, a superb estate or e class estate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulsedub View Post
    Have you looked at the BMW 4 series Gran Coupe? I had one and you can fit a huge amount in - like an estate or giant hatch back. The ZF auto box is amazing and a nice choice of engines. It’s a very well sorted package.
    Mad I know but I really just don't want a BMW!

I've been looking up the XF Sportbrake and I think it's a good option but it's towards the top of my "heart" list and not the "head" list!

A Jaaag is not something I can visualise towing a trailer across a field. What you really need are several cars.

Yes, but I think a Peugeot Partner Tepee might actually do it all in one!!! I'll go look them up

My field work is TBH quite limited. It's all about carting stuff there and back and just a bit of grass driving while I'm there. That is why I would like car with a bit of performance, but not a performance car (with silly wheels and low profile tyres).

I don't think I can justify having a cheap 4x4 trailer combo. Well, I haven't really looked into it but I'm guessing the insurance would be a killer.