Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I actually hate buying a car these days

- Renault. the Meganes have robotised gearboxes and are lowish power I think.
    I get the impression you're looking for something higher power than 115hp (diesel) or 140hp (petrol) but they're dual clutch boxes, Meganes never had the poxy robotised manuals.

OK maybe I don't understand it enough. I'm not really seeing any models on autotrader as being faster than regular models. The 2.0 petrol is still >10s to 60.

If you're buying a rav4 to tow why is 0-60 relevant ?

Quote Originally Posted by tossy View Post
    If you're buying a rav4 to tow why is 0-60 relevant ?
    You started this towing performance with your Golf R and trailer. You have now ruined towing for everyone else
    Vtec addict

Well the car is primarily just my car and I want to have something with a bit of power. However, I would need to tow something every now and again, depending on season. Cubic bags of softwood, ride on mower etc

The optima Estate is a good looking motor and your budget would get one with several years warranty remaining. Plenty of space, reasonable to drive... Not the most exciting choice but if reliability and frugality are the main concerns then I'd definitely have it on the list. Don't discount stuff before you sit in it or drive it! Go take a few hours and drive a few different models before writing off 75% of the options in your chosen category!

Quote Originally Posted by chris139ryan View Post
    You started this towing performance with your Golf R and trailer. You have now ruined towing for everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by hooch View Post
    This is where i would be spending my money.

Bi Turbo 240bhp
    7 speed DSG
    4 motion 4 wheel drive
    Great spec all round
    Reasonable mileage
    Low tax.

Rare car in this country and so much nicer as an Estate.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...40bhp/23284570
    Does the BiTDI VAG engine in that Passat come in anything else??

Quote Originally Posted by evin View Post
    Does the BiTDI VAG engine in that Passat come in anything else??
    Amorak
    Touran
    Kodiaq VRs

It would be some job in a Golf with 4 motion, Joe can get 300bhp out of them too.