Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: MY05 Impreza STI SpecC

Doh !
    Last edited by TMontana; 16-12-2019 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Double post !

Quote Originally Posted by DUFFMAN View Post
    Great stuff John

Good to see you getting out there and enjoying yourself
    Cheers Johnny, it's some craic! How's the classic coming along?

Really enjoyed the few passenger laps in the car, very imprezzed with it

Quote Originally Posted by GF8Sti View Post
    Really enjoyed the few passenger laps in the car, very imprezzed with it
    Get out!

Apologies for lack of Jesus handles.

Awesome stuff John! Please please share some footage if you have any..must have been epic!

Whats the verdict on the RC6's? I had RC8 on my Evo years back and it ate 2 sets of rotors (microcracks) and discolored everything from the caliper to the rims..much better than the Endless CCR's too. Should have went with this instead!
    They got a name for the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose

Quote Originally Posted by amirfarhan13 View Post
    Awesome stuff John! Please please share some footage if you have any..must have been epic!

Whats the verdict on the RC6's? I had RC8 on my Evo years back and it ate 2 sets of rotors (microcracks) and discolored everything from the caliper to the rims..much better than the Endless CCR's too. Should have went with this instead!
    No footage unfortunately. Currently looking in to a camera and external mic setup.

RC6 were brilliant IMO. The discs are near the end of their life anyway, and you can see the pad was only really biting at the centre, so I probably have more to get out of them. Cold bite is great I find, and they haven't been squealing on the road since the trackday.

I'm going to pull the pads out and give them a lick with some sandpaper and change the discs aswell. I'll trial them on the road. If I can manage the dust levels during road driving, they can stay on all the time. If they're a nuisance, they'll come out until trackdays.

They are dusty, so will wreck your head and your wheels. Think of it as putting your wheel in front of a hot media shower. The dust from the pads is hot and sticking to the wheel, then when it's cooled it's essentially given you a powder coating paint job. If you get it off with fallout remover and/or wheel acid, you'd be lucky to get away with no tarnishing or etching on your alloys depending on what finish you have.

A set of track wheels is a good solution.

Couple of photos surfaced from the trackday;

(Yes, I know the bonnet is open.)

Aside from the brake dust, the wheels need a refurb. Couple of nicks here and there and lacquer peel on the inside, so be nice to get them done. Will also get the Enkei's done.

I've been in two minds lately about the aesthetics. I think the splitter is definitely coming off. Not mad on it, and I've caught it too many times. I'm humming and hawwing about putting the car closer to standard. Winglets off, low rise spoiler, black mirrors.

Got some nice comments today at C&C in Dundalk. Ended up parking all the way down the back because it was so busy. There actually was a couple spaces free but wasn't arsed with the crowds.

Couple of lads commented it's a shame stuff like this is hidden down the back and the diesel brigade and vectras with tractor lights are taking up space in the main car park. Agreed.

I found a vin decoder last week, and the car went in to production near the end of 2004. I'll look it up again tomorrow.

Smashing car John, agree with the splitter, can be a pain in the arse. I'd leave the spoiler for sure, gives it a great presence on the road.