Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new sensiblish daily

Quote Originally Posted by hooch View Post
    They are real exhausts on the R too, well in the hatch at least, i know the wagon has two fake ones.

I'm sure the DSG sounds lovely with this too.
    I though even the hatch had a separation between the system & chrome tips?
    Either way they still look daft on a 4 pot golf, had notions or whipping them off mine / changing to twin ovals but didn’t keep it long enough

Taking the res out of an oem system made a huge difference so could be lively enough on a Miltek but prob loads of videos online

Quote Originally Posted by foyler View Post
    I though even the hatch had a separation between the system & chrome tips?
    Either way they still look daft on a 4 pot golf, had notions or whipping them off mine / changing to twin ovals but didn’t keep it long enough

Taking the res out of an oem system made a huge difference so could be lively enough on a Miltek but prob loads of videos online
    No Hatch got four working tips, Wagon got fakery and mk6 halogen taillights.

I had my R de res'd and it was ridiculous far too larey, never felt the 4 tips was over kill either, it has the go to match the show.

Well Wear Chris, a car I've considered too so watching with interedt

That's lovely, I'm jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by tossy View Post
    never felt the 4 tips was over kill either, it has the go to match the show.
    Naaa, 4 tips should be V6 maybe V8 minimum. Quad exhaust Golfs always reminds me of MAx Power days

Quote Originally Posted by TuneR View Post
    Naaa, 4 tips should be V6 maybe V8 minimum. Quad exhaust Golfs always reminds me of MAx Power days

That car has no show and no go.

OPs new car thread has been taken off topic enough now anyway.
    Last edited by tossy; 25-10-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Thanks all for the comments

Have done about 300kms in it so far and it's a bit of a weapon, huge improvement over the gti in every way. What has taken me by surprise the most is how precise the steering is, how it handles and the feedback it provides you. It's not miles away from the teg regarding those 3 areas but you have alot of comfort.

The engine is really nice, its so linear. It feels as if there a much bigger NA engine under the bonnet which doesnt stop pulling, having recently driven a Superb 280 4x4 with the revo stage 1 map on it, it makes these engines way more lively down low and more of a turbo feeling.

Regarding mapping I will will probably leave the engine alone for a while and enjoy it stock. For mapping it will either be Aonghus or Revo.

The big discussion of the thread, the exhaust. Visually I would much prefer the dual singles on the stock cupra, the quads don't look awful in person but they sound great. Will more than likely leave it as is as I don't want to go cutting and welding a miltek exhaust.

Will post more about the car in the coming days/weeks

Might try get it on a dyno to see what it's putting out
    Vtec addict

Booked the car in with Martin Tracy tomorrow for a few dyno runs to see how it is running

Should be interesting to see what it actually puts out as there is so many people on the internet stating these are 300+ bhp stock
    Vtec addict

Just back from westward engineering and very pleased with how the cupra went

292bhp top of the rev range and 365nm or torque from 2.5k rpm all the way across the rev range

Martin said it was running perfect which was good to hear

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Vtec addict

Good results Chris. Good base to build from.