Thread: BMW X4 M40i Review

BMW X4 M40i Review

After an immense amount of wangling at a very busy Sixt counter in Munich Airport about a month ago I departed with the keys for this utterly pointless but somewhat slightly feral yoke:

It drove as you might expect so I’ll go light on the hyperbole: big n comfy, clears the outside lane like Moses parting the Red Sea, goes like stink with the motor a real highlight and (limited) 260km/h seen a few times on the HUD but there’s no hiding the phenomenal mass of the yoke. In fact it’s full on antisocial.

I flew back from Frankfurt on a sunny Sunday which brought a superb opportunity to open the taps on the 12 mile, four lane unlimited straight between Frankfurter Kreuz and Darmstadt.

I even made a wee video:

https://youtu.be/ji4GgW5cdD8
    2003 BMW 325i Sport Touring (E46)
    2018 Volvo V40 D2 R-Design
    2005 Adria Coral 630DH

Interesting, The Box doesnt sound super quick, the engine note is OK, the standards of Fast lane hoggers pretty good.
    Is thereto many RPM/MPH clocks or whats going on there?

I recently hired A brand new Volvo XC 60 T8 R design.... Its a 2.0T PHEV 270kws, AWD with every possible extra present and i absolutly fell in love with the thing, even though for the price i could think of millions of other things id rather own. It was an interesting vehicle.
    Interested to hear your thoughts about thus yoke because its a similar non sense type vehicle.
    Last edited by Rennwagen; 19-10-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennwagen View Post
    Interesting, The Box doesnt sound super quick, the engine note is OK, the standards of Fast lane hoggers pretty good.
    Is thereto many RPM/MPH clocks or whats going on there?

I recently hired A brand new Volvo XC 60 T8 R design.... Its a 2.0T PHEV 270kws, AWD with every possible extra present and i absolutly fell in love with the thing, even though for the price i could think of millions of other things id rather own. It was an interesting vehicle.
    Interested to hear your thoughts about thus yoke because its a similar non sense type vehicle.
    Think they are torque and bhp graphs in the middle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current: '06 Silver Grey E60 530d
    Previous: '03 Silver Grey E46 M3, '02 Imola Red E46 325Ci, '98 Cosmos Schwartz E36 318iS

Correct, they can be turned on (or be set to turn on) in Sport mode.
    2003 BMW 325i Sport Touring (E46)
    2018 Volvo V40 D2 R-Design
    2005 Adria Coral 630DH

X4's and X6's shouldn't exist in my opinion - most pointless cars ever.