Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Chris Harris’ Collecting Cars Podcast

An interesting one with Martin Brundle is that he doesn't like Hamilton a whole lot. He's always leaving out Hamilton from lists of great drivers. In that episode he says something like "and there are two once in a generation drivers at the moment, Verstappen and Leclerc". He obviously then goes on about Hamilton later on when he's specifically asked but compares Hamilton with Nigel Mansell which is obviously faint praise. He's done similar things when on air with Sky also.

I'm enjoying the "Chris Harris on..." videos on the Top Gear channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqakvnXRbSo for instance. In fact, I think they're better as they're a bit more focused and about cars. The nice thing is that Chris doesn't have to hold back anymore now that he's with the BBC. There are no advertisers or car launch invites to worry about.
    I'm with the resistance

Chris is on the latest episode of Spike Feresten's Car Radio podcast.

Spike and Zuckerman are painful but I'd listen to Chris all day.

Chris Harris was on The Smoking Tyre podcast recently. Well worth a listen, the man speaks so much sense about electric cars and SUV's etc. Sounds like many of us when on a drunken rant about same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfaguy View Post
    I am easy to please with cars

Quote Originally Posted by DMZ View Post
    An interesting one with Martin Brundle is that he doesn't like Hamilton a whole lot. He's always leaving out Hamilton from lists of great drivers. In that episode he says something like "and there are two once in a generation drivers at the moment, Verstappen and Leclerc". He obviously then goes on about Hamilton later on when he's specifically asked but compares Hamilton with Nigel Mansell which is obviously faint praise. He's done similar things when on air with Sky also.

I'm enjoying the "Chris Harris on..." videos on the Top Gear channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqakvnXRbSo for instance. In fact, I think they're better as they're a bit more focused and about cars. The nice thing is that Chris doesn't have to hold back anymore now that he's with the BBC. There are no advertisers or car launch invites to worry about.
    I just listened to this episode this morning, it’s really good. Very interesting to hear Brundle talk about Ken Tyrell and Eddie Jordan.

Loved the Brundle one, never warmed to him as a pundit but really warmed to him in the podcast. Be great to hear Eddie Jordan on it.

Quote Originally Posted by cian View Post
    Chris Harris was on The Smoking Tyre podcast recently. Well worth a listen, the man speaks so much sense about electric cars and SUV's etc. Sounds like many of us when on a drunken rant about same.
    I saw that pop up in the feed but Matt Farah wouldn’t be up there among my favourites so skipped it. But based on your recommendation I’ve been watching it on & off and I think it’s the best bit of YouTube I’ve watched all year thanks entirely to Chris Harris of course. Push through the Tesla stuff at the start and it gets a lot better and covers pretty much everything.
    I'm with the resistance

Agreed, far from my favorite but chanced it cause of CH.

CH makes the Tesla stuff bearable to be fair.

As mentioned above, the Brundle interview is very good. More like mates chatting than an interview.

Enjoyed the one where the two lads just talked cars in general , the market, future prospects for all of us and the cars we lust after.

One bit I really liked and respected Harris for was your man Lovett was waxing lyrical about how the 996 GT2 was the perfectly safe place for Sir to park his money and the exact same thing about another Porsche and Harris responded with , is it?
    Are we confident in the existing model / market continueing , do any of us have a flying fcuk what such a car or any car will be ‘worth’ in 5 years time ....?

For a co presenter of a podcast built around a website selling collectible cars and your good buddy presenter also happens to be a high end dealer - that was some statement😳!

More if that realism and a c63 may become too chape to ignore🤘.

Enjoyed all of these so far, especially the Harry Metcalfe and Richard Porter episodes. I know that Edward Lovett has to be there since it's his podcast as well but he adds absolutely nothing to it
    Financially embarrassed by a Clio 182 Trophy and some E39s
    www.sprintireland.com
    www.twitter.com/malonemaurice

You just reminded me, if you like Porter then look for "The Last Line" podcast.

EP19 & 20 are with him and his dog Molly. He gives a good insight to Top Gear and the presenters. Incidentally his book And on that Bombshell is a worth a read too.

Do I now sound like a Port fanboy?