Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Harris talks cars with Harry Metcalfe

Chris Harris talks cars with Harry Metcalfe

Set aside 1hr 22mins to listen to this, really good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We5lV8Q-VXE

Yeah,I've never listened to a podcast before but I never miss any of Harry's Youtube videos.

Great chat between two very knowledgeable and enthusiastic car nuts.

I dont know who the third fella is,I think he's a car dealer?
    He doesn't seem to get much of a chance to join in.

Listened to this and really enjoyed it Harry and Chris are brilliant. My two highlights are the conversation about the relationship between journalists and Ferrari and also Harry talking about what a trip through the Sarah does to a Testarossa.

The other guy is Edward (I think) Lovett, a mate of Chris’s and a business partner in their auction site. There are some really good segments in the earlier podcasts with Andrew Franklin and Tiff. Well worth listening to them.

Don’t know who originally posted about this but thank you. Wasn’t aware of this series of podcasts but listened to the Harry Metcalfe one and I am currently listening to the Tiff Needell show. Excellent proper car chat

Quote Originally Posted by Dec View Post
    Listened to this and really enjoyed it Harry and Chris are brilliant. My two highlights are the conversation about the relationship between journalists and Ferrari and also Harry talking about what a trip through the Sarah does to a Testarossa.

The other guy is Edward (I think) Lovett, a mate of Chris’s and a business partner in their auction site. There are some really good segments in the earlier podcasts with Andrew Franklin and Tiff. Well worth listening to them.
    Another great trip he did in the Testarossa was from his boat in the South of France.

https://youtu.be/fxF4TRIuH4g

Squeezed a boat motor into the front boot and stopped halfway through France to pick up some Champagne I think it was,managed to squeeze that in around the boat engine and all!!

True legend and whatever he talks about you could listen and learn something from him.

This is his trip to the Sahara

https://youtu.be/ZRjGN--R4pE

This is a great podcast, Harris is always a good listen and the one with David Clark is awesome.

It’s a good one. As mentioned, Evo’s timing was great as it pretty much coincided with peak motoring and perhaps it’s somewhat fading star is also related to the increasing dullness in the latest crop of cars.
    I'm with the resistance

I’ve listened to a couple of them now. Obviously focused on the evolution of car magazines and YouTube and all that and interesting to hear the various perspectives, occasional frustrations, and a fairly open behind the scenes look at what went on and what’s going on these days. How manufacturers are in much more control over essentially identical launch stories/videos, how they think magazines are coming back, ... Quite interesting hear it from the likes of Chris Harris.
    I'm with the resistance

Has anyone struggled with the volume on the podcasts? I play them with earphones on and struggle to hear some of the mumbling sometimes so have it up loud, then they say something funny and the laughter is deafening! Enjoy the conversations though.

Quote Originally Posted by jf_cole View Post
    Has anyone struggled with the volume on the podcasts? I play them with earphones on and struggle to hear some of the mumbling sometimes so have it up loud, then they say something funny and the laughter is deafening! Enjoy the conversations though.
    The audio levels weren't fantastic with a lot of the early ones, but they seem to have improved that in the last 2-3 episodes.