Thread: Auto Electrician needed

Unhappy Auto Electrician needed

Looking for an Auto Electrician to look at her 2009 MKV Golf.
    Immobilizer active is displayed on dash, and when car is started, it cuts out after about 1-2 seconds.
    Scanned the car and cleared faults but immobilizer fault is still active.
    Code 001176.
    01176 - Key: Signal too Low

Got both keys checked out today and was told they are fine. The guy mentioned it could be the instrument cluster

Preferably a mobile Auto Electrician as I cant move the car! If needed ill have to get it towed.

And were due our first baby on Wednesday, and the car seat wont fit in the Lupo Need it sorted before then hopefully!

I'm in Celbridge

Thanks all

PS in the mean time, I have battery disconnected for a while, and will try again later!

Mark Priestley

(086)2679990

He's based in Sandyford but pretty sure he's mobile - did a good job sorting out the Coupe when it needed it... you can tell him you got the number from Stephen in Sandyford with the Fiat Coupe- he sorted the electric window on it a while back...
    "All the finesse of a badger." (cdiv)

Most insurance policies with breakdown include home start so you should be able to get it towed to an auto electrician if needed.

I presume there are fresh batteries in the keys and it happens with both keys ? Its most likely the reader coil around the entrance to the barrel. Try starting it with one key while holding another key pressed right up against the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by SJ View Post
    Mark Priestley

(086)2679990

He's based in Sandyford but pretty sure he's mobile - did a good job sorting out the Coupe when it needed it... you can tell him you got the number from Stephen in Sandyford with the Fiat Coupe- he sorted the electric window on it a while back...
    Cheers Stephen, will give him a call

Quote Originally Posted by natnif View Post
    Most insurance policies with breakdown include home start so you should be able to get it towed to an auto electrician if needed.
    Thanks Man, never thought of it!

Quote Originally Posted by tossy View Post
    I presume there are fresh batteries in the keys and it happens with both keys ? Its most likely the reader coil around the entrance to the barrel. Try starting it with one key while holding another key pressed right up against the barrel.
    It happens with both keys, not fresh batteries. The guy in "CarKeys.ie" said its nothing to do with the batteries, they have a transponder for the immobilizer. Should work even if batteries are dead he said? Sure I'll give it a go anyway!
    Last edited by Jasper; 26-09-2019 at 09:15 PM.

Brendan in MDS Ireland is in Palmerstown

https://www.facebook.com/MDSIRELAND/

Gary ward 0868228014 GW autos

Both are mobile as far as i know
    Doing it with Twins is better than being Single
    http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showthread.php?7376-TRD3000GT-Project

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    It happens with both keys, not fresh batteries. The guy in "CarKeys.ie" said its nothing to do with the batteries, they have a transponder for the immobilizer. Should work even if batteries are dead he said? Sure I'll give it a go anyway!
    Yeah nothing to do with batteries, they are only for the remote part. Transponder in the blade of the key is for immobilizer.

No recent work done to the car at all?

The transponder is inside the fob not the blade.

The transponder is actually a little glass bead in the case of the key.not in the blade itself!

-Tossy bet me to it!

Apologies, wrong wording was just trying to say it isn't part of the button section of the key or related to those electrics. I swear I wasn't a VW mechanic before