Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: French swimming pools

French swimming pools

Can anybody shed any light as to the necessity to wear budgie smuggler type swimwear in French swimming pools, as a family we’ve even to French campsites 6-7 times and they’re very relaxed with the rules(ie don’t pay the slightest heed to) such as no diving and ages for water slides etc but if you try wear normal shorts type swim wear the life guards pounce instantly and tell you to get out and change.

Quote Originally Posted by gofaster_s13 View Post
    Can anybody shed any light as to the necessity to wear budgie smuggler type swimwear in French swimming pools, as a family we’ve even to French campsites 6-7 times and they’re very relaxed with the rules(ie don’t pay the slightest heed to) such as no diving and ages for water slides etc but if you try wear normal shorts type swim wear the life guards pounce instantly and tell you to get out and change.
    Maybe he wants to see your willy?

Are you worried the lad won't fit in?

Quote Originally Posted by cibo View Post
    Are you worried the lad won't fit in?
    No, I’m grand that way, only the very tip sticks out the leg of the shorts !

They don't want you to go into the pool with shorts that you've been wearing for the last couple of days doing whatever that are potentially dirty. They want you to wear swimwear that is used specifically for swimming that you will put on for that purpose alone.
    I'm with the resistance

Same in the normal non touristy city pools... As I discovered.
    The missus got a great laugh out of it when I bought a local schtyle pair.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Do you have to wear sandals with socks too?

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
    Do you have to wear sandals with socks too?
    brilliant !!

Ive found the rules are very much enforced differently across France. Some places are extremely strict others couldnt care less.
    I just wore my shorts over a pair of jammers. Took them off when i went to the pool

I had a more pleasant & liberating surprise in Austria where they had a multilingual sign done up, indicating that it was OBLIGATORY to be naked in the wellness centre
    What a fcukin torturous week that was, given it was a skiiing resort frequented by HOT fcuking Ruskies and the showers were communal and open plan!!!