Thread: Waterproof Rear Light

Waterproof Rear Light

Wondering if anyone could recommend a waterproof and bright rear light in around €20-30 mark?
    Gone through 2 'waterproof' lights already. One cheap and one not so cheap that both failed after a spin in rain. They both had water ingress, one wouldn't turn off and the other wouldn't hold a charge after.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I've had good experience with the seesense icon lights. Pricy but you might get a deal and get it for 30 ish. Battery lasts me a week of commuting so that's 7-8 hours, considering how powerful it is I think that's really good.
    Probably should mention that I ordered a front and rear, front had a fault shortly after delivery a replacement was sent out no bother. That was nearly 3 years ago

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by philb; 31-07-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Nice one I'll check them out, thanks.

When my young lad was racing karts, a regulation was introduced requiring a red light on the back in wet weather. This created endless trouble as the spray thrown up by 20+ karts regularly knocked out the bicycle tail lights we all used (there's no suitable electrics on a kart!). Solution was to apply a bead of silicone on every joint. It worked wonders. I doubt you'll be caught in the kind of deluge which the spray a bunch of speeding karts created! Give it a try.
    Beware of imitations; there's another lawyer out there calling himself "Lucanlaw!" So the writing on the wall may be a forgery!

I've been using this pair for my winter/low light commutes and rides for years now. No complaints and very visible in all weathers. I'd say you can trust 'em in anything.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/.../rp-prod163295

Quote Originally Posted by Twinspark View Post
    I've been using this pair for my winter/low light commutes and rides for years now. No complaints and very visible in all weathers. I'd say you can trust 'em in anything.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/.../rp-prod163295
    Was looking at these but didn't see any mention of waterproofing. Good to hear, thanks

The best thing I've found for keeping rear lights working on a bike is a rear mudguard. I've been using the same rechargeable Moon Shield 60 for the last two years through and fully expect it to last the full winter again this year. The other thing I do, and I've no idea if it helps or not but I just do it, is orientate the light when it's mounted on the bike so that the charge ports are face up from the road.

Does it need to be new? I have a lezyne rear micro drive surplus to requirements. Yours for 15 + the postage. Or for an aero seat post a lezyne strip drive for the same.
    Last edited by bp_me; 18-09-2019 at 06:17 AM.