Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Didn't buy the Buick - Back in a W124 :D

Deadly - Mrs SJ went to college in Dallas and we've been to Texas loads.

Get over to Gas Monkey and see what they've got!
    "All the finesse of a badger." (cdiv)

Quote Originally Posted by admredux View Post
    The front end has had the arches rolled and clearanced, the bonnet gaps are pretty wide already from spacering, the issue I've to investigate first is the wheels balancing, there's a heavy vibration at around 50on up, there's a slight buckle in one of the rear rims I think.

It's great on the back roads and service roads but highway it needs those wheels balanced or suspension work!
    The spacers get fitted lower down, I've not heard of them being spaced up at the bonnet.
    Deadly Dave

Quote Originally Posted by SJ View Post
    Deadly - Mrs SJ went to college in Dallas and we've been to Texas loads.

Get over to Gas Monkey and see what they've got!
    Ah very good, I've been over a few years ago, saw the man himself

Dd must look at it again, they've definitely tweaked the wings s bit, must check what sort of lowering job was done on it too!
    2005 toyota sequoia, 1993 300d, 2009 prius, 1984 Volvo 242 turbo intercooler

Brought it to the local pep boys for a front end dose of wheel balancing, found the drivers rím is out of kilter, not out of round top to bottom but more side to side they said.

They balanced them as best they could but still a slight bit more vibration at 60than I'd want, luckily all my local roads are max 55 and I don't want tickets so low and slow for now until I can get some mono blocks or some nice ats/bbs period rims.

Went out to scrap yard today to get the seat buttons that had gone missing inside, found something workable. Took a rake of photos too!

Nice old Infiniti

Smallish place 5-6acres they said.

The dream that became a nightmare. A scrapped Lambo kit car that was never even painted. Imagine explaining all that to your wife !
    Quote Originally Posted by crank_case View Post
    Get out there and drive it as much as possible...You or it will not be around forever, at least not with any original parts.

Lol right!

Had to swap out the rims, too much rubbage in the wrong way, found these chrome amg style w
    heels for 225$ locally with decent rubber, all rubbing, clearance
    on bumps no longer an issue, might have to refinish them a bit too much for me!

So now it'll be a viable daily!

Looks a good bit smaller!

Much happier with her now, nó vibration at 55, handles much better, more viable as a daily. Vacuum lines are next and hunt down a slight oil leak!

I used to love rambling around scrap yards on my days off. Nowadays they don't allow you to do that at least down here. All gone health and safety etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfaguy View Post
    I used to love rambling around scrap yards on my days off. Nowadays they don't allow you to do that at least down here. All gone health and safety etc.
    It's grand here like that but there's a few snakes knocking around!

Finally got time to have a go at the rear regulator.

The original to the car, totally fine motor but regulator in bits.

New $33 replacement, spurious but good reviews.

[URL=http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/Vg78411/media/watches/20190804_112200_zpsf6zlr2ku.jpg.html][IMG]

Got a chance to break out the shrink wrap connectors, work nicely!

All good now, I keep putting off the mechanicals until I've got a few more miles under me.

Next on the list are the rubbers on the door mirrors, some clear side lamps and hunting down any overspray on the rubbers, paint was only 2 weeks old when I got it!

Discovered snow foam this week, and treated it to finish kare sealant, pink wax and body shine by hand, still afraid to go near it with a buffer!

She was getting slower and slower to fully shut down after turn off the key, went hunting for a vacuum leak and changed a bunch of pipes. I suspect the plastic line going from ignition to the shut off valve is the culprit, I took a good length of silicone line and covered as much of it as possible and now she shuts down a little better. Suspect a leak elsewhere which is a pita!
    That and I need a new hood pad but that's on the longest of fingers!

I also re- mounted the bolsters on the door cards, all a bit floppy after years work, filthy too!

Picked up all the bits for a full service and rearing to go once we get a day without 38 degree heat!

Also scored a snap on/ bluepoint service cart for $80

Added some bhp here in the gearbox trim department, came with the car but wasn't sure on it, still not but had to try it out!

Also started replacing sun-dried rubber around the car