Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there anything we can do to save our kind.

Is there anything we can do to save our kind.

Im just sick to the teeth of my passion being slowly eroded away like some discarded 1980s Alfa Romeo. First it was my lovely 6 pots with their high tax and even now as i moved onto the lower tax band im still in the crosshairs.

Can we petrol heads not put some pressure on the fools who run this place to make a right and fair decsion regarding the country, its energy use and its carbon emissions.

Electric cars are not Green but the sheep who live on this rock are swallowing all of the rubbish being played out in the media.

This latest government plan is another knee jerk load of horshyte and stinks to high heaven of IW part 2.

Im thinking we could start by printing some EV cars are not green stickers and placing them on our petrol or D cars.
    Maybe a website with all of the facts and figures to back up our claims.

HELP ME PLEASE....

Im genuinely worried for our future.

Why? There are going to be petrol cars around for a long time yet.

EVs are better for the environment especially as more renewables come online. We need to leave a planet for our grand kids to live on.

Anyway EVs could herald in a new wave of coach building that disappeared with the mass production of vehicles.

I won't be getting rid of the SM, but I will be getting an ev for the daily grinds, it will be cheaper to run and I will be able to spend the money enjoying the SM.

Sent from my K10 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lyre61 View Post
    Why? There are going to be petrol cars around for a long time yet.

EVs are better for the environment especially as more renewables come online. We need to leave a planet for our grand kids to live on.

Anyway EVs could herald in a new wave of coach building that disappeared with the mass production of vehicles.

I won't be getting rid of the SM, but I will be getting an ev for the daily grinds, it will be cheaper to run and I will be able to spend the money enjoying the SM.

Another lemming!!!

Im with you Ren sick of this bullscrap!

Very worried too and I’m a bit disappointed how lightly petrol heads I know are taking these oncoming changes(taxes). Surely the population of car enthusiasts should have a voice in all this. Is there a fair, realistic system we could rally together for?

Where is the arguement for reuse and maximizing the life of vehicle in this discussion.

Has anyone looked at the total footprint of a vehicle from concept to end of life? I mean what's the number per km driven?

The clothing industry has a bigger carbon footprint than all the air and shipping industries combined.

There seems to be a marketing angle bring played here to make people purchase things they might not need, things with an initial carbon front loaded on them.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

i think its a lost cause tbh.... but i'm in if it does come into existence of course.
    i'm also sick that its only ever motorists that get picked on and are always the milk cows of the nation for corrupt and clueless politicians.
    "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Quote Originally Posted by Rennwagen View Post
    ...Electric cars are not Green ...
    That's the best quote I've read in a long time and it would make a brilliant slogan. You print it and I'll buy it (but don't put it on single-use plastic).
    ________
    Wheelnut

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
    Another lemming!!!
    Hardly, been exploring this area for nearly twenty years and unless we do something you had better hope that Elon's rockets make it to Mars. Cause there is going to be nothing left here with staying for.