Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finance options

Quote Originally Posted by DMZ View Post
    If you can get 0% or a very low APR on a PCP, you're getting a portion of the car financed for practically nothing so it's obviously the way to go. The only real alternative is looking at importing new or nearly new from the UK and if that works out cheaper then spend your cash there.
    But how does importing become cheaper?
    I know its going on the whole time but any time i priced anything in the uk, by the time all was added in it was allways more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennwagen View Post
    But how does importing become cheaper?
    I know its going on the whole time but any time i priced anything in the uk, by the time all was added in it was allways more expensive.
    I don't want to be too overly harsh but I'd think that most of the UK import stuff done for profit have something up with them.

I just went to see a car with clean history at 5 years old and for 20k that I reckon had a front end crash. They didn't even do a good job hiding it.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

I,m in a similar position, we have a Golf Petrol 151, and she wants to get back to something like a Qashqui or a Kuga, but id i used the Golf as deposit is it not bad for me at the end of a pcp that i will not have much equity left in it and still have a ball of money to pay out at the end.....

PCP doesn't magically make you rich, if that's what you're asking. It's a way to finance some of the cost of the car and sometimes at very competitive rates but depreciation is still depreciation etc. The best thing to do is to keep the Golf and tbh given the changes occurring now with motoring I'm not sure I would buy a new car right now.
    I'm with the resistance

Quote Originally Posted by DMZ View Post
    given the changes occurring now with motoring I'm not sure I would buy a new car right now.
    im kind of thinking this myself based on climate action plan...

maybe a luxobarge until there is some certainty makes sense.