Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nct fail - Bas***ds

As for window tints. I drove a jeeps years ago with tints on the front. It was dangerous at night.

Its a fail in the NCT handbook for a good few years now
    Personally id look at it as I got away with it for 5 x extra tests than it should have, as quiet a lot were failed in the first year
    you were given a pass every-time before because you have a cool car
    Glass half full and all that
    Dashcams www.dashcam.ieBook Keeping Services www.cassidyaccounts.ie

A change in the rule have changed the way discs are looked at alright... was it pad to disc contact you were failed or worn mick? pm if you want rather than derailing this beautifully titled thread

Quote Originally Posted by fast focus View Post
    A change in the rule have changed the way discs are looked at alright... was it pad to disc contact you were failed or worn mick? pm if you want rather than derailing this beautifully titled thread
    Disk worn.. full surface of the disk in use all sides.

Quote Originally Posted by -MICK- View Post
    Disk worn.. full surface of the disk in use all sides.
    I also failed on this with the mx5 but from a positive view its now having a full brake change to the 1.8 discs and callipers.
    Last year I failed on a broken spring and fitted a set of coilovers
    I like to use it as an excuse to upgrade parts which is grand for a project type car but a pain in the hole for normal everyday car.

At the end of the day it just the tester following the rules (no matter how silly they may seem)and we are lucky enough to have fast focus on here to explain the reasoning behind it which is more than you'd get anywhere else.

I just try and be as honest as I can and let ye see from the other side. In saying that absolutely nothing I say can be taken from as an official standpoint. There are a good few other testers on here at least 4 last I could see for obvious reasons want to be left anonymous.

NCT tests are a lucky dip.

My Cooper S passed despite having malfunctioning strobing reg lights and a bulb warning light on the dash, as well as the German font pressed plates.

My Clio RS failed on a visual for not having the "Baile aith clitha" sicker on the top of the reg plate.

Both Done in Deansgrange within 6 months of eachother

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Nothing lucky about that jordan the lights are technically working and even at that both have to be out to fail and it has only very recently become a fail item. German font plates don't fail I think from tests done by the cameras in the toll they are more recognisable in that font then our own I remember having a conversation with someone about it here before.

Missing the county name is a fail same as the eu sticker being missing or anything which should be on the standard plate that isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by fast focus View Post
    It's illegal in spain too... if you think nct is bad you should try itv I honestly think there are few of the bigger countries as lax as us with rules with exception of the uk.

There are a heap of rules regarding obstruction of vision as regards NCT that people are probably not even aware of such as sunvisors that won't stay in the up positon or even a sat nav in the field of view or those huge furry dice that hang from the mirror if the tester feels they cause an obstruction. Knowing and remembering it all is tough especially when you might only come across some of the things once or never for that matter. I have yet to see a window without an E mark. Still have to check them all.
    Interestingly, a guy I know failed last week due to having a boost gauge mounted on the dash. I don't know what it could possibly have been obstructing but hey-ho

Quote Originally Posted by mk2glenn View Post
    Interestingly, a guy I know failed last week due to having a boost gauge mounted on the dash. I don't know what it could possibly have been obstructing but hey-ho
    Could it be viewed as an injury hazard in the event of a frontal impact?
    Allianz Corporate Event, Sandown Raceway, 3rd March, 2004.
    News Conference with Williams F1 driver, Juan Pablo Montoya.
    'Journalist': "I have one question for Juan. Just a hypothetical one, Juan. As the wonder kid, the rising No.1, Juan, one wonders should Juan only win one in one year, would Juan want to have won that one in round one, Juan?"