Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nct fail - Bas***ds

Last year I brought my m5 to nct test centre now the m5 had been with bmw for full check and a clean bill of health so was fully confident of it passing tester came out said drivers headlight was off I said to him that's strange as bmw passed it so took it up the road to a garage near nct test centre the chap put it on there machine and said there is nothing wrong with it he said to back and ask them what do they want him to do with it, so I headed back to the nct test centre and argued my case the lead tester said to the tester that failed it to bring it back in so he brought the m5 back in and called me in to show me the light was way off now when he called me in to show my the light machine was off he had the bonnet of the m5 open which I taught was very strange I told him that bmw had passed it and I have the paper work to prove it, he told he no you must of hit a pot hole I said there is no pot hole on the road from nct test centre to garage which is 100 meters up the road.

Test told me I would have to pay €28 retest I told him can I see who calibrated the light machine and the person that calibrated it are they trained to calibrated he told me they (the testers) calibrate the machine I said that strange as far as I'm aware it's an outside company calibrate the machine.

So I took the m5 literally across the road to another garage and the mechanic in that garage put hi s machine on the headlight and said yes headligh is way out more than what was on the fail sheet now I have the evidence and my blood boiling I went across the road to nct centre rebooked it back in paid the €28 and car passed within 5 minutes I told the tester to not lift the bonnet of my m5 as I will be watching from the window and hay presto the car passed.

Now I contacted nct and explained it all in an email and a letter came to the house explaining that they are investigating the situation then 5 days later a customer service lady rang to say the year would be refunding my €28 I asked why I wad told there was an anomaly with the headlight machine I said I gave the tester the oppertunity to rectify the problem and explained that I think my headligh had been adjusted by the tester as the fail sheet had proved this from when he brought the m5 back in to show my it was way off. It's gets better

Cheque arrived 4 days later for €28 so I left it there for a week then lodged it about 5 days later a letter from my head office arrived cheque bounced and they took €4.11 fee for bounced cheque I rang the lady back in nct office explained situation had to send picture of letter and bounced cheque she said they would re-issue new cheque I told her I want the €55 test fee €28 retest fee and €4.11 bounced cheque fee or I will be going on Joe Duffy show as I payed for a service and and screwed over guess what €87.11 arrived 5 days later.

So the moral of the story if you smell a rat and your not happy persue your case

I think others will agree with me that have good vehicle technical experience and vehicle testing experience we can see how examples like above can play out all from a range of genuine variables , incorrect information and communication .

Quote Originally Posted by peggyontherun View Post
    So I took the m5 literally across the road to another garage and the mechanic in that garage put hi s machine on the headlight and said yes headligh is way out more than what was on the fail sheet now I have the evidence and my blood boiling I went across the road to nct centre rebooked it back in paid the €28 and car passed within 5 minutes I told the tester to not lift the bonnet of my m5 as I will be watching from the window and hay presto the car passed.
    Where on the fail sheet does it say how far out the beam is?
    Last edited by peadar; 16-06-2019 at 06:10 PM.

It's such a load of bs too, all cars in Korea are tinted, saves the drivers actually having to make eye contact with the people they're cutting off, not from a lack of vision mind!
    2005 toyota sequoia pedril

Northpoint thats why, avoid that centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek172 View Post
    Northpoint thats why, avoid that centre.
    I've stopped going there too.

I have emailed the NCT and showed proof of previous certs where the car passed. Lets see what they come back with!

Also failed on rust on the disc where the pad is not sitting flush, the car got new pads and disc 2 years ago but was used feck all, going to use a Dremel to fix the rust!!

Can't use a Dremel on the tint unfortunately

Failed me yesterday on the front tints as well, I never had an issue seeing through them even at night , they were nice in the summer to have but no big deal I removed it this morning and will bring it back up tonight .

Done with Northpoint now though that’s he third arguekebt I’ve had with them over my cars failing last time it was on brake nuts that were absolutely fine went to another centre and passed , they are a shower of wankers at that center.

For the last 10 years plus I had always left a printed page of the NCT manual where it says that cars with a LSD should not be brake tested for the risk of damage. And the test always drives through that part. But this time the tester places the page on the drivers seat and puts the car through the full brake test regardless. WTF?

But that said, I put the missus's car through the tester gave it the benefit of the doubt and told me a few things that need to be done but it would be a shame to fail the car for them. So fair play.
    We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Was out today - not the same issue as above - but a passport is no longer accepted as ID but that daft public service card is? Absolutely nuts.