Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nct fail - Bas***ds

Question Nct fail - Bas***ds

So my Porsche failed on the from side window tint - that has passed all other NCT's over the past 5+ years

So why has it failed this year??

Tested at NorthPoint 1

NCT.JPG

Is it aftermarket tint?

The joys of the NCT. how do they actually measure the light level? Have they a calibrated tool for the job or is the tool the guy doing it by eye?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rennwagen View Post
    Is it aftermarket tint?
    Yes, was on the car when I bought it and I've put it through the past 2 NCT and the previous owner bought it with the tint and he put it through several NCT without an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Traco View Post
    The joys of the NCT. how do they actually measure the light level? Have they a calibrated tool for the job or is the tool the guy doing it by eye?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk
    He had a device to measure it, however it's a 2 seater so the light level inside isn't as bright as a standard car

Shower of W#nkers! Make up the rules as they go along.

My brother had this on his 123d - had been though one or two NCT's after the tinting regulations started being enforced, and was then suddenly failed on it. Pain in the hoop cleaning up the glass afterwards. Don't have an issue with the regulation if its enforced consistently for everyone - but you just know that certain testers throw a blind eye to it.

Re-test at a different centre?

On a retest for that, would it be a matter of them checking it in the car park?
    Perhaps the light would be more favorable.

That, or I'm talking utter 5hite
    Current Bad Ideas:
    Speed - 2000 Black Audi B5 S4 APR Stage III-Launch Control-Flat Shift-Pops-Bags-Farts
    Grip - 1990 White BMW E30 325i - Soon to be 1JZ Single Turbo with 6 Speed Box
    Boring - 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500
    Previous "Better" Ideas: Imola Yellow B5 S4, e30 m3, e34 m5, Inca Orange 2002Tii, '89 325iS, '89 318i, '90 318iS, '91 318iS, 2 X '87 316, '89 320i, '81 e21 316

The tool they use shines its own light through the window and it’s sealed from Ambient light, not sure about the NCT but the CVRT only had to have the calibrated tool from this month on.

Bring it back another day, tell em you changed it. It might even pass. It appears to be a very subjective test