Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Selling a car in Ireland in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Rennwagen View Post
    Youd hardly expect to sell a car in Weeks though ?? Whats wrong with an ad thats 3 months old?
    Assuming the yoke is still for sale
    Lord if I didn't have it sold in a few weeks I'd be worried

Usually a Friday lunchtime ad and the yoke sold over the weekend! Be worried if it didn’t. This time tho, it was torture!

Sale times depends on the car.

I bought a 99 1 owner civic 1.6 for 100 euro off someone's driveway via a note I left.

Sold it 1 day later for 575, the lad who bought it lived in Tipperary, no interest in cars and he buys cheap things with no tax and runs them til they die... Disposable motoring for the average Joe soap.

Selling the kind of cars we all like (high tax, high insurance, regular maintenance and usually petrol) is gonna attract "dreamers" and "lonely boys" who can't really afford them. And the ease of sending a non confrontational Donedeal message is far easier than having to call and chat to the owner.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

We are in competition so, with an E28 and E90 project pject im allways on the hunt. Its a way of life now, happiness is measured on how much value i can extract in BMW parts. Sad, but true.
    Haha as long as you keep away from the e30 bits, I'll stay away from the e28 and e90 stuff

The thing with the marketplace and "vehicle" search is fairly restrictive, but you just have to learn to search certain words and combinations to get the parts or cars you need... That's how I ended up coming across my e34... It had NCT and was a third of the price of the next similar thing on Donedeal or adverts. Ad had been up nearly a month too. I think selling on facebook isn't as efficient as buying on it

We are in competition so, with an E28 and E90 project pject im allways on the hunt. Its a way of life now, happiness is measured on how much value i can extract in BMW parts. Sad, but true.
    "He who dies with the most toys wins" S.M. Mondello Paddock circa 2012 ish?
    GP2 | E30M3 | Clio Cup Racer

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanfaf View Post

I bought a 99 1 owner civic 1.6 for 100 euro off someone's driveway via a note I left.
    Jaysus! I've tried this a few times, it has never paid off lol
    Last edited by PjC; 17-06-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PjC View Post
    Jaysus! I've tried this a few times, it's never paid off lol
    I used to just know in, and it worked a treat on loads of occasions.

I actually got a 1 owner 1989 Suzuki Alto with 9 thousand miles, totally and utterly mint, for free from an old chap in south Dublin after knocking in to see if he would sell it. This was about 3 or 4 years ago

I haven’t done it in a while, I rarely see cars lying in gardens these days.

I also bought a 95 Nissan sunny this way and your man said he thought I was a Mormon...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    I used to just know in, and it worked a treat on loads of occasions.

I actually got a 1 owner 1989 Suzuki Alto with 9 thousand miles, totally and utterly mint, for free from an old chap in south Dublin after knocking in to see if he would sell it. This was about 3 or 4 years ago

I haven’t done it in a while, I rarely see cars lying in gardens these days.

I also bought a 95 Nissan sunny this way and your man said he thought I was a Mormon...
    *knock in

(I can’t edit on mobile without deleting the post)