Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Selling a car in Ireland in 2019

I use Donedeal regularly and it's fine. You just get used to the timewasters and people who can't read the ad. I don't remember it being particularly different since DD or Adverts started, although the amount of low ball offers has gotten worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennwagen View Post
    Facebook market place is very handy, a lot of UK sellers but a lot of Irish aswell.
    A lot of buying and selling i have done or seen the last year or so has been on the facebook marketplace... Free ads and very easy contact over messenger... If you have liked or joined the right classified pages, it becomes very easy to source parts and cars. Personally I do a lot of e30 and bmw parts hunting, and have joined e30 and bmw specific pages, and it comes in very handy indeed. Selling wise, you can expect the same if not more time-wasters, but they seem to be on every buy/sell site. My friend sold an e36 within 15mins on facebook last weekend with a seller arriving 20mins later with cash... It helps when you get a notification is sent to you when something is uploaded on a particular classified page

Quote Originally Posted by PjC View Post
    I genuinely wasn't aware of how widespread this issue was.

I mean, is it a case that Joe Public only brings their car to a garage when it needs something or is it that the majority of people with cars out of warranty use their local mechanic who just doesn't give them a receipt or stamp the book etc.

Maybe both I guess.
    Bit of that and most people only take their car to a garage if its broken. Mechanic's fix the problem and off they go. Car likely wasnt serviced if the person didn't request it.

Facebook marketplace is fcukin weird.

One category for "Vehicles"!!?? - What the fcuk use is that. Scramblers, quads, trailers, campers, bicycles and cars etc all lumped together. It's fcukin useless

Excuse the misspelled words ,fingers too fat and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Smythy411 View Post
    A lot of buying and selling i have done or seen the last year or so has been on the facebook marketplace... Free ads and very easy contact over messenger... If you have liked or joined the right classified pages, it becomes very easy to source parts and cars. Personally I do a lot of e30 and bmw parts hunting, and have joined e30 and bmw specific pages, and it comes in very handy indeed. Selling wise, you can expect the same if not more time-wasters, but they seem to be on every buy/sell site. My friend sold an e36 within 15mins on facebook last weekend with a seller arriving 20mins later with cash... It helps when you get a notification is sent to you when something is uploaded on a particular classified page
    We are in competition so, with an E28 and E90 project pject im allways on the hunt. Its a way of life now, happiness is measured on how much value i can extract in BMW parts. Sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Gn3dr View Post
    A lot of truth in that. If you watch donedeal regularly, the stuff that is well priced sells straight away. It's a pity DoneDeal don't have the facility (like ebay has with completed auctions) to look at sold ads and the asking prices they were up for. It would be good data to ague OMSP with revenue for VRT also.
    They used to have a sold section. A good few years ago now I think.
    If I remember correctly cars that were good value used to sell quickly.

Went I sold my lexus is200 it was through adverts last year.
    I also had it on Donedeal and Facebook.

I have always bought at the lower end of the market, so never had a car with receipts or stamped history. But can generally tell what cars have had some care taken with them.
    I myself stuff any receipts relating to the car into the glove box.

Quote Originally Posted by bloke View Post
    Facebook marketplace is fcukin weird.

One category for "Vehicles"!!?? - What the fcuk use is that. Scramblers, quads, trailers, campers, bicycles and cars etc all lumped together. It's fcukin useless
    Agreed. Plus some ads that pop up at the top are weeks old.

Youd hardly expect to sell a car in Weeks though ?? Whats wrong with an ad thats 3 months old?
    Assuming the yoke is still for sale