Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling a car in Ireland in 2019

Can't say I've had any negative experiences on DD over the past 18 months, and that's from a €500 Alfa to a €15k BMW. Even my wife's 2007 petrol RAV4 was sold in 24 hours.
    Last edited by Bangermann; 12-06-2019 at 05:48 PM.

You're correct,had my car on done deal/ adverts until I traded it last week ,and ATM I've reported a guy who has the same car on DD ( same reg - 2 different prices)yet supposed to be from 2 different sellers, personally contacted him ref a honda insight and a fit last month ,he answered privately via WhatsApp - showed me the 5 cars he had for sale ,he's using 3 different names( middle East guy supposedly based in clondalkkin) DD / adverts full of scammers

Had my car on DD,same small dealers looking to buy for nothing,and also garages in Cork offered me silly money on a trade in,yet the 3 I went to in Dublin offered me e7000 plus , no haggling, eventually I bought off a decent dealer Darragh o Reagan , Newcastle co Dublin,got the motor with warranty I wanted ,and do not intend to deal in DD/Adverts again

Quote Originally Posted by Gn3dr View Post
    For balance I think it should be said there are a lot of time wasting sellers on donedeal as well.

Third guy - got to his house, then he told me it was his friends car that he was selling, when asked if I could drive the car told me I could test drive when I bought it. Thanks very much but good luck with that.
    Ya grand I take you word for it your friends card drives perfect...Beggars Belief.

I have an advert on daft for a reasonable priced room in Dublin..
    Of course a lot of interest. But a lot no shows as well. With no heads up.

Like most on here I buy and sell cars more than the average person and DD is always my 1st preference. Have sold 3 or 4 cars on there in the last 18 months with minimal fuss. Yes I have got some messages from time wasters but that’s to be expected. I generally find people who actually ring and arrange a viewing to be genuinely interested. If I’m being honest I have been left hanging by backroaders more often than a random DD people. I expected more from fellow forum members which probably adds to the frustration

Quote Originally Posted by derekjohn View Post
    I generally find people who actually ring and arrange a viewing to be genuinely interested.
    That’s absolutely bang on.

I'm having a similarly frustrating experience with sellers. Apparently no one services they're car in Ireland anymore.

Tried selling my mothers Saab 9-3 for feck all on Donedeal October/November.

Had one viewing in 2 months and couldn't shift it at all then i decided to buy it off her for when i have the Altezza in hibernation. Turned out a great car and super reliable.

Your man wanted a straight swap for a rusty 00 e200 auto merc. No chance.

But I sold cars off Donedeal 3 or 4 years ago in the 1k to 2k category and they were gone within 24 hours each time. Now tumbleweed as some of the lads put it.

Quote Originally Posted by PjC View Post
    I'm having a similarly frustrating experience with sellers. Apparently no one services they're car in Ireland anymore.
    Thats been an Irish problem for years!