Thread: Recommend a new bike

Recommend a new bike

As above,

My bike is touching on 5 years old now and more recently I've got into doing a good bit of cycling & I'm hoping to do a triathlon by the end of the summer.

I'll be using the BTW and some cash to go with it.

Current setup is Giant Defy2 in M/L frame size.

I really like the Giant and it honestly hasn't let me down. I was thinking of going for the newer TCR Advanced 2 like this one - https://www.bikeology.ie/giant-tcr-m...ge/#gallery-12

Am I better off waiting till end of the summer and see if there are any good sales on as vendors will be getting in some new stock for 2020.

New models come out from August, so there will be bargains to be had after then. If the Giant has served you well, no reason to not go for an updated model.

Few options to consider there really.

- Old bike rocking along fine - keep it and use the BTW on a dedicated Tri/TT bike.
    - Sell the old bike, put some cash with it to buy a s/hand Tri/TT bike, and use the BTW for a new road bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    Few options to consider there really.

- Old bike rocking along fine - keep it and use the BTW on a dedicated Tri/TT bike.
    - Sell the old bike, put some cash with it to buy a s/hand Tri/TT bike, and use the BTW for a new road bike.
    Yeah this is what I was considering. I'm cycling to work most days now so don't really wanna be using an expensive to be getting to and from work.

I've a specialized frame with a single gear that I use to nip to the shops at the moment so might even get rid of the Defy2 and use the specialized frame as the new work bike.

First world problems, eh?!

I think I will wait until August though when 2020 models are launched. Just looking for something in the 1500-1800 mark, I think I'll get a cracking bike for this price!

I'm contemplating selling my tcr (advanced pro 1) if you were interested. It's M/L, 2018 frame, black and orange scheme, ultegra, with ksyrium tubeless wheelset. Rrp on em was 3499. Was gonna be sorta asking for 2k but 1800 isn't outta the question.
    Last edited by bloke; 31-05-2019 at 02:02 PM.