Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When are we going to get a break from this incessant wind?

was a good headwind on the commute this morning of 20-30k but it didn't seem dangerous. Hopefully can get it as a tailwind this evening
    Turbo trainer no good for me- I go on the bike to get to work)/ have fun/gain fitness . Its always at least 2 out of those 3

I've found it alright commuting to work but it's not that far. Hoping for a big spin Sunday morning so will see how we fair out!

Getting out a bit more regularly but bailed on the alpine trip as most of the cols still closed and work stuff

That’s serious mileage desmo, don’t you have kids now ??
    You still racing?

Hail, rain, wind or shine 45km round trip on the bike 5 days a week.

Still doing some racing but not as much. I'm not sure what happened. There was a bit of apathy with the lads I used regularly race with, the CI season seemed to go arseways with races cancelled at short notice and being on at crap times like Sunday lunch starts, and was very busy in work meant I knocked it on the head instead of stressing about not getting enough, or the right stuff, done.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    Hail, rain, wind or shine 45km round trip on the bike 5 days a week.

Still doing some racing but not as much. I'm not sure what happened. There was a bit of apathy with the lads I used regularly race with, the CI season seemed to go arseways with races cancelled at short notice and being on at crap times like Sunday lunch starts, and was very busy in work meant I knocked it on the head instead of stressing about not getting enough, or the right stuff, done.

I think this has become a trend in the last year or two. Most of the guys I raced with in the club have all but walked away in the last two years. Time and cost.

So got up at 8am put on my cycling gear even before breakfast and I am still at home wondering should I go for a cycle or run.

The last few days its been so dull with black clouds all day threatening a monsoon at any moment. Then today clear skies but that f*cking wind is back again. 33kts wind gust speeds - anything 28 or over is a bit dicey for safe cycling in my book. My target for today was 162km too. It does calm down a bit after lunch though.

Managed to get a tailwind to some degree both sides of the commute today, so that's a bit of payback