Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of switching from Apple to Android.

You're wasted on this thread LL

Quote Originally Posted by Alkers View Post
    Are you paying for the phone?
    The main benefit for me for Android over iPhone is you can get a perfectly dececnt, capable phone in the 200-300 bracket which will do everything you want it to.
    Ignoring price there isn't much in it but apple is probably the slicker outfit, althought when considering price this just isn't worth it.
    I am a big android fan but I don't like Samsung. They tend to be packed with useless features which eat battery and they run a very bloated version of android with their own apps etc which take up space.
    I've found motorolla to be excellent in terms of value but if work is paying for the phone that's not as relevant.
    To be fair, TouchWiz has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years.

Sometimes you can question Apple's togetherness. I'm writing this on one of them ludicrously expensive newer MacBook Pro's with the USB-C charger. In fact, the laptop just has USB-C ports. Which means I can't plug in an Apple lightning charge cable to charge my AirPods which are running out of battery because I forgot to charge the case. I can, however, take the Apple USB-C charger and rapid charge my Android phone that I also have beside me.
    I'm with the resistance

€5.99 on eBay but still a pain in the Swiss to have to buy something on eBay to make your iProducts work together. And yes I have an entirely different charger for my iPad pro which has to accompany my several usb port charger for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsporter View Post
    Where did you purchase the Xiaomi mi 9 lads? Need to purchase myself, current phone has to be charged constantly.
    Got it here:
    https://www.honorbuy.com/1636-xiaomi...k+&results=979

One way or another, probably best to avoid Huawei phones seeing as Google won’t/can’t talk to Huawei anymore.
    I'm with the resistance

Cant recommend the One+ range highly enough, im on the One+6, Mrs is on the One+6T. Zero complaints.....

I'm in the same boat. Could do with an upgrade but don't want to change from my iPhone 6S because of the lack of a headphone port on the new iPhones. I've used Samsungs before and never liked them but the camera is a big attraction. Still on the fence!

Quote Originally Posted by mk2glenn View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Could do with an upgrade but don't want to change from my iPhone 6S because of the lack of a headphone port on the new iPhones. I've used Samsungs before and never liked them but the camera is a big attraction. Still on the fence!
    Have you looked at a Google Pixel? Best camera on the market and just basic android. The new 'budget' Pixel 3a has a headphone port too.

I'm pretty sure the Apple cameras are up there as well by the way, probably not at the now defunct Huawei levels, but I've never had problems taking very good photos with an iPhone. I wonder if the Huawei high end phones will now be sold off with a decent discount, could be a good way to get a really good camera and it's not as if Android phones get all that many OS upgrades in any event.
    I'm with the resistance