Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of switching from Apple to Android.

I'm iPhone, but sometimes I have to take another 2 work phones one apple one android , if you're older forget android, they're almost counter intuitive to apple users.

Do it, Android and Samsung is way better than I phone, especially for file sharing and stuff.
    I had i phones for years, there was a fear of changing and a bit of learning with Android but far easier to use. IMO

Just made the change. Apple since iPhone 3GS and made complete bits of my iPhone 7+ on Thursday.

Fortunately I was using iCloud for contacts and Google photos for pics. Lost a few of them but have all my contacts. Lost a good few notes.

Moving contacts is very easy just select all in iCloud account and export. Import into Google and next thing you know they are all on the phone.

I bought a Xiaomi Mi 9 128GB and it is really really fast. Hardest part is trying to remember apps and associated passwords etc. I'm also thinking I might not install half the crap I had before.

Only 36 hours in but so far so good. Only criticism is the app icons are a bit meh with sharp edges or colours on black boxes. Can't comment on hardware integration as only have Bluetooth in car and speakers so all that's fine.

I'm finding text input much better. I just slide fingers over all the letters and up pops the word. Google speech to text way better and hey Google seems to have a PhD compared to Apples Siri who seems to be still in playschool.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Traco View Post
    Just made the change. Apple since iPhone 3GS and made complete bits of my iPhone 7+ on Thursday.

Fortunately I was using iCloud for contacts and Google photos for pics. Lost a few of them but have all my contacts. Lost a good few notes.

Moving contacts is very easy just select all in iCloud account and export. Import into Google and next thing you know they are all on the phone.

I bought a Xiaomi Mi 9 128GB and it is really really fast. Hardest part is trying to remember apps and associated passwords etc. I'm also thinking I might not install half the crap I had before.

Only 36 hours in but so far so good. Only criticism is the app icons are a bit meh with sharp edges or colours on black boxes. Can't comment on hardware integration as only have Bluetooth in car and speakers so all that's fine.

I'm finding text input much better. I just slide fingers over all the letters and up pops the word. Google speech to text way better and hey Google seems to have a PhD compared to Apples Siri who seems to be still in playschool.

Android for me too. Not a Samsung though, I find them a bit bloaty. I've a Xiaomi MiMax 3. Great phone and great battery life.
    Anyone I know with an iPhone is constantly looking for a charger to plug into. I find iPhones so far from intuitive.

For your passwords use passwords.google.com I find it invaluable.

Quote Originally Posted by Traco View Post

I've a Mi 9 too, great phone. Try the Poco launcher from Play store if you aren't fond of the standard launcher. Gesture control is very good too.

Where did you purchase the Xiaomi mi 9 lads? Need to purchase myself, current phone has to be charged constantly.

Quite a few apps will allow you to use a finger print to access them which is quicker than a password. Usually needs to be specifically enabled in each app.

Or just use the secure password manager from Google which Gn3Dr links to above. It's secure and super quick if you use it on a phone, although not as quick as a finger print scan obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsporter View Post
    Where did you purchase the Xiaomi mi 9 lads? Need to purchase myself, current phone has to be charged constantly.
    I got mine from Amazon.es. Only the 64gb /6gb RAM version was available at the time. It cost around 450 delivered.

Are you paying for the phone?
    The main benefit for me for Android over iPhone is you can get a perfectly dececnt, capable phone in the 200-300 bracket which will do everything you want it to.
    Ignoring price there isn't much in it but apple is probably the slicker outfit, althought when considering price this just isn't worth it.
    I am a big android fan but I don't like Samsung. They tend to be packed with useless features which eat battery and they run a very bloated version of android with their own apps etc which take up space.
    I've found motorolla to be excellent in terms of value but if work is paying for the phone that's not as relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by deltona View Post
    Quite a few apps will allow you to use a finger print to access them which is quicker than a password. Usually needs to be specifically enabled in each app.

Or just use the secure password manager from Google which Gn3Dr links to above. It's secure and super quick if you use it on a phone, although not as quick as a finger print scan obviously.
    If you forget your fingerprint, will they send you a temporary one?
    Beware of imitations; there's another lawyer out there calling himself "Lucanlaw!" So the writing on the wall may be a forgery!