Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spotted, line of Porkies

Spotted, line of Porkies

So, anyone out here bombing around Wicklow yesterday? Was on my bike suffering up the Gap when four Porsches and a Jag went by in convoy, one German registered Porsche.....surprisingly all of them Grey.

The soundtrack cheered up my threshold pain in the rain!

No but saw two German reg black 911’s in camouflage with a Cayenne following in Manorhamilton last week.
    One of the 911’s pulled away in complete silence too!

Quote Originally Posted by Batster View Post
    No but saw two German reg black 911’s in camouflage with a Cayenne following in Manorhamilton last week.
    Electric 911 on the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Batster View Post
    Interesting,I guess some of the roads here are of some use for testing prototypes.

It would be nice to think roads here played a little part in helping the setup on cars,particularly ones from Stuttgart.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Interesting,I guess some of the roads here are of some use for testing prototypes.

It would be nice to think roads here played a little part in helping the setup on cars,particularly ones from Stuttgart.
    They have been doing it for years here....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Rain testing, wet road testing, rough road testing, the roads of Ireland are like an open air laboratory for many carmakers.
    If they think you're crude, go technical; if they think you're technical, go crude. I'm a very technical boy.

Quote Originally Posted by cianha View Post
    Rain testing, wet road testing, rough road testing, the roads of Ireland are like an open air laboratory for many carmakers.
    slightly off topic but I was at a conference last week where a guy from JLR Shannon spoke on how they see the west of Ireland as a great R&D hub and proving ground for autonomous cars due to many third level institutes, the companies located there, renewable energy potential and diverse roads. A group has been set up to further promote this: https://www.cavireland.com/

Nice to see JLR coming in and then you see this:
    German automotive electronics producer. State of the art equipment and automation in this plant, high end stuff so very surprised. Hopefully itís just a blip.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/business/201...hree-day-week/

Traco

[QUOTE=alan996;543369]They have been doing it for years here

I’ve seen them a few times over the past couple of years in the west and even saw them pass me on the road past the Hellfire Club in south Dublin last year. I’d say they love our unique roads.
    Last edited by Batster; 21-03-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveJ View Post
    Electric 911 on the way?

No idea but possibly a hybrid drivetrain?