Thread: Folding bike

Folding bike

Guys just wondering if anyone could recommend a folding bike for commute on the train.

The bike ride wouldn't be too far but just need something neat and not too heavy to lift on and off the train. I've looked at Bromptons which seem to be the market leader but they're fairly expensive although open to comments if you use one.

Electric scooter wouldn't do the job? You could grow a beard and pretend to be a trendy hipster.

Was looking at electric scooters too. Need to work on the beard through.

Electric scoot is what I'd go for as well. Even more portable and much cheaper. Bromptons are silly money.

Giant do a folder, called the halfway. Nicely built bike.

Not cheap, though, around the 700 mark.

Careful with electric scooters.......there seems to be a view in some Garda circles that they have to be insured!
    Beware of imitations; there's another lawyer out there calling himself "Lucanlaw!" So the writing on the wall may be a forgery!

Quote Originally Posted by lucanlaw View Post
    Careful with electric scooters.......there seems to be a view in some Garda circles that they have to be insured!
    I believe the difference is whether they need to 'push off' or whether they can get going on their own. Push off being ok.

But does seem vague ... if only we knew someone who could help us interpret the law ....

I have a Dahon Jack that I'd sell cheap. Got loads of stuff replaced about 6 months before I last used it.

Learn to skateboard.

Careful with scooters.......there seems to be a view in all right thinking minds that you'd have to be insane to be seen dead on one!

There fixed that for you Lucanlaw /\.

Folding e bike?

https://www.greenaer.ie/product/ahoo...SAAEgKJ2fD_BwE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk