Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: F1 2019

Quote Originally Posted by thos View Post
    I think the Channel4 Russia highlights were the shortest highlights I've ever seen ...

I swear it just jumped from lap 33 to 53 in about a minute.
    You didn't miss much....nothing going on at the front after the pit stops really. A few changes in the mid pack but they covered anything worth covering!

I thought Albon had a brilliant race to finish not that far behind max, considering he started from the pit lane

Hamilton has it in the bag for sure now. Sad to see Williams retire Kubica in order to save parts for Japan
    Current: '06 Silver Grey E60 530d
    Previous: '03 Silver Grey E46 M3, '02 Imola Red E46 325Ci, '98 Cosmos Schwartz E36 318iS

Apart from a few radio messages at the start, Albon's progress was probably about the only interesting thing that happened in the race. He had a seriously rocky weekend being seconds off the pace and I personally thought he was toast. At the same time, Hülkenberg qualified way up the grid so I was thinking to myself, Christian Horner, there's your solution. Maybe Albon bought himself some more time with that result but I'm not fully convinced that he did anything amazing considering the machinery at his disposal. The safety cars helped him a lot. It's probably a sufficiently hard call to make that the result is all that matters.
    I'm with the resistance

Just goes to show how the actual top driver's can extract that extra time from a car, anyone thinking they can just jump into a top car and win is a fool (Bottas).
    I'm standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused

Mercedes create a new record by winning 6 double championships in a row, now that only Bottas can mathematically catch Hamilton. Maybe it is just me, but I have lost the enthusiasm for this season, even Toto Wolff looked a tad underwhelmed by it all. Just wondering am I the only one that has lost real interest in this season? Also hard see it changing next season either. All the hype of how boring it was the Schumacher was always winning or Vettel in the Red Bull years, but not much about it now. Even when Schumacher and Vettel won, championships were closer. Wonder is it we just get the UK commentary and given Hamilton is from the UK they don't mention it

I have lost interest in the actual championship but I still love a lot of the battles that take place midfield. Also..now that Hamilton has it in the bag, I wonder will Red Bull and Ferrari up the ante as they have nothing to lose now?
    Previous: '03 Silver Grey E46 M3, '02 Imola Red E46 325Ci, '98 Cosmos Schwartz E36 318iS

Think that is some of the problem, they rarely show the midfield battle. Watched C4 highlights, did not see any of the progress Ric made through the field for example. Think Mercedes stopped the rate of development on this years car since the summer break, only added a few bits this weekend. Hamilton pretty much said same. So guess they will just focus on next years car and others will continue to push for this year. Red Bull of late have been a tad disappointing, but seemed to have pace in Japan, just lost Verstappen early on. Had he got around Leclerc would have liked to see if he could live with the pace of the front runners.

The likes of Sky will never call it boring. They need to sell it to the viewers so we keep paying for it.

It would obviously be a lot more exciting if Ferrari and Red Bull actually managed to get their sh1t together on a more regular basis. I'll keep watching it for the rest of the season. The races can be quite good so may well as stick with it.

I had recorded the race yesterday and was going to watch it in the evening. Which was a great idea until Mercedes F1 e-mailed me with an offer on the back of winning the constructor's championship, so I pretty much knew how the race would end.
    I'm with the resistance

I mostly tune in these to see watch Ferrari - either how they'll throw it away with some strange strategy calls, or how Le Clerc might show some magnificence.
    Red Bull have dropped away which is a bit disappointing, and really only have 1 car in the mix.
    Apparently McLaren are better these days - but as above, pretty hard to tell when they get little coverage. Same with Danny Ric as mentioned, what a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS cosmos View Post
    Also..now that Hamilton has it in the bag, I wonder will Red Bull and Ferrari up the ante as they have nothing to lose now?
    I didn't think they had anything to lose since the start of the season!

Who will be leading the race into turn 1? I’m guessing it will be Vettel with the extra power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk