Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snow Watch 2019

Dusting of snow here in south Tipp. Should make for a fun commute in the morning if it carry’s on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowing in Cabinteely at the moment but the ground is wet so it's not sticking.
    Deadly Dave

I've just driven from Liffey Valley to Athlone and got here about 4-30pm. The weather started with sleet, turned to snow around Enfield, turned back to sleet around Kilbeggan for the rest of the journey. Between Enfield and Kilbeggan the snow was heavy and stayed on the ground. Traffic was slow single-lane with no-one venturing into the outside lane to overtake.

Near Moate I saw two snow-ploughs heading east on the other carraigeway so I suspect things have improved by now.
    ________
    Wheelnut

Down here around lunch time. Very slushy stuff though - most of it is gone already.

It came down for about an hour here in Coolock but there is nothing at all left on the roads. Just like a bad rain really

Straffin today about 4:30... Its fair to say my Jag is no snow leopard..

M1 in a jocker between Drogheda and Dunleer when I was on it earlier about half 5.

Took me 1hr 20 minutes to get from Applegreen Rathcoole to Tesco's Newbridge.

took me 2 hr and 10 mins to get from kildare to red cow this morning
    looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Mark2 View Post
    took me 2 hr and 10 mins to get from kildare to red cow this morning
    Yesterday, it took me 7 hours from Dublin to just beyond Athy and back again. M7 was a total disaster
    Current: '06 Silver Grey E60 530d
    Previous: '03 Silver Grey E46 M3, '02 Imola Red E46 325Ci, '98 Cosmos Schwartz E36 318iS