Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 113

Thread: *News* 1 day licences now available for MVAT's! mondello!

  1. #1

    *News* 1 day licences now available for MVAT's! mondello!

    Firstly im really delighted to be announcing this!

    So after TDC trails drivers club campaigning for this for many years, and a lot of background work being done form members within the club with motorsport Ireland, a fun day out in motorsport has now become even more accessible!

    We are now happy to be able to provide 1 day licences for Multi-venue autotests, events for example like our now renowned mondello event which takes place on the 27th of this month.

    No will you have to commit to a year-long licence, apply with forms etc etc. just simply, arrive and drive! This is also great for N.I competitors that shouldn’t have to purchase 2 licences for the whole year.

    If anyone has any questions, post here and let me know. Hopefully we will see some new faces out this year giving it a go!

    all you need is a capable road-going car and a hunger for fun

    visit http://www.tdcireland.com/phpBB2/ for fixtures and information


    Yours in club motorsport

    TDC Trials Drivers Club











    Last edited by Mark2; 04-01-2019 at 01:50 PM.
    looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

  2. #2

  3. #3
    are we going to see you giving another stab?
    looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 1300starlet View Post
    Firstly im really delighted to be announcing this!

    So after TDC trails drivers club campaigning for this for many years, and a lot of background work being done form members within the club with motorsport Ireland, a fun day out in motorsport has now become even more accessible!

    We are now happy to be able to provide 1 day licences for Multi-venue autotests, events for example like our now renowned mondello event which takes place on the 27th of this month.

    No will you have to commit to a year-long licence, apply with forms etc etc. just simply, arrive and drive! This is also great for N.I competitors that shouldn’t have to purchase 2 licences for the whole year.

    If anyone has any questions, post here and let me know. Hopefully we will see some new faces out this year giving it a go!

    all you need is a capable road-going car and a hunger for fun

    Are there any safety/equipment requirements? (guessing not given the clearly visible head in the MG)

    Can you literally rock up in your mondeo/astra/whatever and flog it round the place?

    given it's in mondello is there any insurance issue? you're not racing on public roads so I'm assuming not?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBoy View Post
    Are there any safety/equipment requirements? (guessing not given the clearly visible head in the MG)

    Can you literally rock up in your mondeo/astra/whatever and flog it round the place?

    given it's in mondello is there any insurance issue? you're not racing on public roads so I'm assuming not?
    with the use of stategically placed chicanes and simple manouvers, speed is kept to a very safe level.

    no extra safety requirements are necessary, fully functioning factory safety belts are a minimum. although we would always recommend a more supportive seat and club type harnesses. no personal safely equipment necessary

    the licence and entry covers all the insurance a regular licence holder would have.
    looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

  6. #6
    Does the car require an NCT, reason for asking is I have a track only car, its got a CDS tube roll cage and harness's / helmets. Soon installing other safety equipment but that's an aside to the NCT item.

    Are cars given a scrutiny beforehand?
    Can you run a car with an non OEM engine and turbo?

    Edit:
    Can you have more than one driver for the car?
    Last edited by slipsliderg; 04-01-2019 at 02:24 PM.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by slipsliderg View Post
    Does the car require an NCT, reason for asking is I have a track only car, its got a CDS tube roll cage and harness's / helmets. Soon installing other safety equipment but that's an aside to the NCT item.

    Are cars given a scrutiny beforehand?
    Can you run a car with an non OEM engine and turbo?

    Edit:
    Can you have more than one driver for the car?
    no NCT, tax or insurance necessary but car must appear road legal. no multicouloured cars, sponsorship, full race cars (although the likes of fiesta zetec race cars for example are allowed once no sponsorship is showing) , full rally cars, and must have normal headlights etc.

    theres no scrutiny, but a keen eye is always kept on anything silly, any car clerly taking the pi$$ will not allowed to be run

    you can run a car with any non oem engine, but must be NA and 2wd

    double driving is possible
    looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

  8. #8
    this is not just for Mondello by the way, this is for all multi-venue tests throughout the year that doesnt use public roads.

    For example our most recent event in Avoca river park, which there will be another number off throughout the year, first one will be in april. great venue and event. Quick snip of one of the tests from last week

    looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

  9. #9
    crumbs. was thinking about going in the golf.

    How much to enter?, what about tyres. sorry for all the dumb questions.


    I do have a mazda demio in a shed too.
    Last edited by JohnBoy; 04-01-2019 at 03:01 PM.

  10. #10
    Ah crap, just completing a turbo conversion on the MRS, that's a pity.

    Good luck with it, great incentive.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •