Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody here speak Hypermile ?

^ Aye - to both posts Closest I get to hypermiling has been buying a Honda diesel and sticking to speed-limits. 56-58mpg average per tank when Im not being silly.

One thing I haven't really got my head round is that after slowing - gentle throttle and easing back up to cruise speed seems to give worse mpg than driving it in a lively enough fashion and getting back up to cruise asap. Might be a feature of the way the 2.2 CDTi lump has been set up ?

Put it down to being an automatic CVT box , really nice car, dependable ,all the toys but couldn't live with the tiny booth and bad ( compared to my previous hybrid) MPG

The closest I get to this is when I fill our Renault diesel and try to keep the estimated range over 1000km for as long as possible. On one run I got it over 1100km range which is my record

The entertainment value in that doesn't last long though, and soon I'm back in the Alfa or Jag making noise for fun!

This is as close to hyper mileing as I have every got. Needless to say I didn’t get the 1000miles per tank.
    And one time I drove like a leg less nun and managed this
    Longest drive home from work ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Motor monkey View Post
    And one time I drove like a leg less nun and managed this
    Longest drive home from work ever.
    1825 miles - now that is one hell of a drive home from work

Near touching 69 mpg today 👍I'm a miser ref petrol ,Uber careful - typical honda insight hypermiler, never believe I was a fast biker in the past 900 r , GPz rocket

Quote Originally Posted by Corks finest View Post
    Near touching 69 mpg today I'm a miser ref petrol ,Uber careful - typical honda insight hypermiler, never believe I was a fast biker in the past 900 r , GPz rocket
    Pics over n the Bike thread - or we won't believe you..

Long time ago , there's one somewhere though- now I'm an old duddy I am entitled to hypermile☺️☺️