Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recalls

Recalls

I just got a recall notification for my BMW 3 series E90 for a dodgy component in the heating system.

I thought it might be useful to have thread with any recalls you get a notification of.

I got that one last week. I got the other one (dodgy electrics which can cause the car to lose power) about a month ago. I presume you got that too? Seems both recalls are lacking sufficient parts and BMW will be back in touch to book cars in

I didn't get the dodgy electrics one, but I've only recently bought the car so I might have been missed.

Thats really the reason for the thread. We got recall notifications for my wifes car after Browns Lane bought it.

Check if you got the power loss one done, thats a right pain in the arse. Its a replacement main feed positive cable to the fusebox located behind the glovebox. The car will literally be a brick if it gives up.

Is that the one, there was trouble in the uk over, because a fella died trying to avoid a dead bmw?

yea we got the same about our 2005 E90.....

Im not getting it done.... Fingers crossed the fooker burns......

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Is that the one, there was trouble in the uk over, because a fella died trying to avoid a dead bmw?
    Yeah that's it and I'm pretty sure that was what prompted the recall in the first place.

The UK have a recall dedicated website which might be of use.
    http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp
    I'm standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused

Quote Originally Posted by -mick- View Post
    yea we got the same about our 2005 e90.....

Quote Originally Posted by -MICK- View Post
    Careful what you wish for !

I know the guy who had this 2013 520d Touring, wife and 2 young kinds in it when it started smoking. Couldn't unlock the rear doors when the power went. He had to climb through the rear seats to open the back doors and get the kids out.
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/iris...blaze-13037062

BMW have an EGR valve recall for later years, but question marks on the older ones now too.

I've same car as him, and don't fancy that experience!