Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best satellite set top box?

Where does Now TV fit into all this?

The sky channels would be what would keep us with sky, sky atlantic and whatever they're calling living these days (witness is it?)

Is anyone here using it? Is everything on sky shown on Now TV, or only a selection?

+1 on the Humax box, app is handy for recording while away. Most TVs these days will give you your Saorview content anyway.

Thanks for the good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBoy View Post
    Where does Now TV fit into all this?
    It's an IPTV box based on a Roku but locked down to Sky only content and a few other apps, which is fair enough given the box is heavily subsidized by sky.

There's three subscriptions at €15 a month - Movies channels entertainment channels and sports. I don't have a regular sky sub, so I can't say what is and what's not there, but you get the actual channels, even live TV if you fancy being retro. Sky One/Atlantic etc are all on the entertainment package with a few othere. There's no contract, you just subscribe or cancel as you see fit. Sometimes we'll get entertainment if there's a TV series we want to watch, sometimes I'll sub to movies for a month if there's a few things I want to see and it works out cheaper than renting them off Google Play individually.

I have a sky subscription which I don’t want to cancel in my main room. I don’t fancy paying sky another subscription fee for a second room on the premium channels. I believe with a second sky box however this isn’t necessary as I can just use that from the satellite feed and watch the standard channels. Is this right?

If not is there an alternative solution to keep sky in one room and an alternative in another?
    BMW 130i M Sport
    BMW E46 M3

Quote Originally Posted by elmo View Post
    I have a sky subscription which I don’t want to cancel in my main room. I don’t fancy paying sky another subscription fee for a second room on the premium channels. I believe with a second sky box however this isn’t necessary as I can just use that from the satellite feed and watch the standard channels. Is this right?

If not is there an alternative solution to keep sky in one room and an alternative in another?
    It's all the same bunch of satellites, so I don't see why it wouldn't work. You're taking the feed from the LNB, and it's not like Sky can do anything about that. Even If the second sky box stops working, I'm pretty sure a non-sky tuner will work just fine.

Consider an Nvidia shield,best android on the market- then a decent IPTV sub( my guy in the UK hasn't left me down 9 months)