Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off Road Declaration - How to get a few days grace

Sticky*
    I'm standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused

Quote Originally Posted by IrishTusc View Post
    Wuhoo!

That worked, but it is just a few days of grace. Lovely lady explained that the system locks the option out after a few days of the month and that I was fortunate that the 1st of a month, fell on a weekend!

I owe you a few pints Dave!!! As that's unlikely to happen, PM if you support any charities! Happy to make a donation in your name!
    No probs! Delighted it worked for you. Was hoping it wasn't a fluke as you get different responses in different tax offices!ha That's extremely kind of you IrishTusc!

Quote Originally Posted by davemx-5 View Post
    No probs! Delighted it worked for you. Was hoping it wasn't a fluke as you get different responses in different tax offices!ha That's extremely kind of you IrishTusc!
    Happened to me last year, went in the day after it expired and they said it was not possible to adjust.

Lady behind the counter advised me to change ownership and change back to me after a few months . . .

This happened to me last month with my m3. We sold our house and never thought to change the address on the car. I collect my post from my old house and opened the letter to say I needed the declare it off the road again the letter had come to the house a couple of weeks earlier so I went straight online but it wouldn’t let me as I was 1 day late. It was the 1st October I tried. Next day I was working in Shannon so left work early and went to Ennis tax office explained my story the car is actually up in Oranmore getting the engine rebuilt and lady said it didn’t matter I’d have to tax it to declare it off the road. I wasn’t happy to say the least. I live in doolin so on the way home Ennistymon also have a tax office so I said I try there and the lady said no problem and did it for me. Happy days. Obviously the lady in Ennis could have done it but wouldn’t. That B**ch!

Glad you got it sorted, but it's such a pain how the attitude of the person you meet at the window determines the outcome of a genuine oversight.

Anyone have any look doing this in Dublin tax office? Just realised I forgot to do it for the summer runaround

Quote Originally Posted by BF1979 View Post
    Anyone have any look doing this in Dublin tax office? Just realised I forgot to do it for the summer runaround
    Summer is long over dude, we're in winter now...

It’s a sh**ty system. Once it’s declared off the road you shouldn’t have to redo it again.