Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Max Wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by RoostSquid View Post
    Aprilia RSV 1000 <- that one actually works. Two project bikes presently are a Yammie FZR600 and Ducati Monster 'M' 900 series as a donor bike for a café racer. Mind you if Santa came early I'd probably go out and buy a Ducati Superleggera or MV Agusta Superveloce. Hrmm maybe a MV Rush 1000 too
    What is the M900 donating to the cafe racer build?

Quote Originally Posted by Gn3dr View Post
    What is the M900 donating to the cafe racer build?
    I'm building the Fictive bike (actually more of a bobber/café):

https://www.fictiv.com/blog/fosmc

There's a download link on that page for all the source files. Keeping the motor, some electrics, forks in the main. That's the short. The long is from the build guide..

" - Engine assembly including carburetor of fuel injection system
    - Complete electrical system including all switches, instruments, and lights. - Complete oil cooling system (not used on some models)
    - Front suspension assembly including

Forks
    - Triple clamps (note: swap bearings to 55mm OD if using first generation Monster- Wheel assembly)
    - Brake assembly
    - Handlebar and all hand controls - Headlight
    - Fender

Rear suspension assembly including Swingarm, specifically steel double-sided as found on first and second generation Monsters. Note: aluminum double sided Monster swingarms will not work without design changes to the shock mounts due to the wider width of the arms.

I'm still working through my own design/additions/subtractions to the Fictiv version. E.g. fabricating my own exhaust, will not be using the loom and making my own loom. Making a carbon front & rear hugger guard (moulding the old ones for shape). Also unlike the Fictiv will be using my own instruments; maybe old school dials or I might go for a digital racing version. Also changing to wire-spoke wheels which I just found out cost as much as carbon ones which is crazy. I'm still tossing up a lot of things at the mo' but the bike will look like the Fictive one with the fabricated (CNC machined) aluminum joints. But hopefully a little bit trickier in what's going with it. I might even go for a non-Fictiv single-sided swingarm and then of course go back keeping the single rear Showa shock.
    Build, Wrench 'n Ride

Quote Originally Posted by RoostSquid View Post
    I'm building the Fictive bike (actually more of a bobber/café):

https://www.fictiv.com/blog/fosmc

There's a download link on that page for all the source files. Keeping the motor, some electrics, forks in the main. That's the short. The long is from the build guide..

" - Engine assembly including carburetor of fuel injection system
    - Complete electrical system including all switches, instruments, and lights. - Complete oil cooling system (not used on some models)
    - Front suspension assembly including

Forks
    - Triple clamps (note: swap bearings to 55mm OD if using first generation Monster- Wheel assembly)
    - Brake assembly
    - Handlebar and all hand controls - Headlight
    - Fender

Rear suspension assembly including Swingarm, specifically steel double-sided as found on first and second generation Monsters. Note: aluminum double sided Monster swingarms will not work without design changes to the shock mounts due to the wider width of the arms.

I'm still working through my own design/additions/subtractions to the Fictiv version. E.g. fabricating my own exhaust, will not be using the loom and making my own loom. Making a carbon front & rear hugger guard (moulding the old ones for shape). Also unlike the Fictiv will be using my own instruments; maybe old school dials or I might go for a digital racing version. Also changing to wire-spoke wheels which I just found out cost as much as carbon ones which is crazy. I'm still tossing up a lot of things at the mo' but the bike will look like the Fictive one with the fabricated (CNC machined) aluminum joints. But hopefully a little bit trickier in what's going with it. I might even go for a non-Fictiv single-sided swingarm and then of course go back keeping the single rear Showa shock.

That's interesting. I would have thought they'd use a base of a more undesirable bike than the Ducati though, rather than starting with something is a bit more in demand and therefore will cost more.