Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Thinking of a sports bike.

That is a gorgeous bike. On a side note,it wouldn't inspire much confidence in the dealership,the fact they not only got the number of the bike wrong in the first place,but let it out of the shop with the wrong number! An evotech tail tidy will do wonders for that bike. Hopefully you'll get a restrictions free summer to enjoy your new bike.

Have you seen this ? Guy is selling few bits including tail tidy https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26967007
    Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Thanks - don't really need anything he has at the moment.

Went to the bike this morning and the edges of the tank protector had all just lifted and so I pulled it off and binned it. I knew it was not going to stay on the way it was being difficult to stay stuck even though the surface was perfectly clean. Is there some knack to sticking these on?

I am not sure will I put another on at all now as I always considered them to be a bit of a visual eyesore.

How bout a clear wrap? Like lads do with mountain bike frames.

Quote Originally Posted by bloke View Post
    How bout a clear wrap? Like lads do with mountain bike frames.
    I was thinking that too - does anybody know a place that would do that? Might get some of the other bikes done too if I am happy with it as I then would have no inhibitions about using tank bags which are very handy for long haul trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfaguy View Post
    Thanks - don't really need anything he has at the moment.

Went to the bike this morning and the edges of the tank protector had all just lifted and so I pulled it off and binned it. I knew it was not going to stay on the way it was being difficult to stay stuck even though the surface was perfectly clean. Is there some knack to sticking these on?

I am not sure will I put another on at all now as I always considered them to be a bit of a visual eyesore.
    I found a bit of heat helps when applying things like that. A heat gun or even a hair dryer warms it enough to mould it to the shape it's being adhered to.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy16v View Post
    I found a bit of heat helps when applying things like that. A heat gun or even a hair dryer warms it enough to mould it to the shape it's being adhered to.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
    ^^^ If the tank itself is stone cold as well doesnt help. Everything needs to be at least room temperature.

Yeah I was using a hair dryer but forgot about the cold tank and the petrol in it. I am more inclined to go for a paint protection film for the complete tank and painted tank trim now though. Id like to be able to use a tank bag on this bike and my other bikes.

Done another 31km on it today in dynamic mode. This mode sharpens everything up quite a bit and thankfully this bike stays in the mode it was in immediately prior to switching off unlike my triumphs.

Also the rear wheel hugger seems to do a great job keeping dirt off the rear suspension spring. Pretty messy roads here today and not one spec of it landing on the suspension which should make cleaning easier.

This bike feels its just getting into its stride at 120km/hr

https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forums/

https://www.s1000rrforum.com/threads...sories.239200/
    Last edited by Alfaguy; 15-01-2021 at 06:14 PM.