Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doc's everchanging fleet

actually a few were converted with the b7 rs4 manual box and a custom adapter plate, and they do come up for sale every now and then in the UK, but to be blunt, its not a car for corners.

its for monstering autobahns

Quote Originally Posted by tmg View Post
    actually a few were converted with the b7 rs4 manual box and a custom adapter plate, and they do come up for sale every now and then in the UK, but to be blunt, its not a car for corners.

its for monstering autobahns
    Yeah I read an article a few years ago about one that was converted.
    You can still change gear on the Autobahn, and we don't have any

Its crazy the difference in 26 years! I used Dalton.ie Revo Golf R Wagon as a Daily for a few weeks at the start of this lockdown. The last few days though I've been back in my own Mk2. Driving the Mk2 is an event, 60mph, is like 100+ in the Mk7!

No Traction Control, No A/C, No ABS, No Power Steering, a Cable Clutch, and Rod Change Gearbox really bring back the driver involvement. The only mods to the Mk2 are H&R Clubsport coilovers, set to a sensible height, 256mm front brake upgrade, and Zender Sport wheels.

I bought the Mk2 back in December asa 30th birthday present to myself. 74k miles, 1 owner car. Its an 8v Digifant model.My only plans are to keep it mechanically right, and possibly a respray over winter. It's been treated to new disc's and pads all around, new tyres, and new coilovers. I have a coolant system refrech on the cards in the coming weeks, with new genuine thermostat, coolant housings, waterpump, fan switch, and possibly radiator. Its also got new rotor arm, distributor cap, plugs and plug leads.
    131 520d - 07 Audi A4 S Line - 99 Golf GTI - 04 XJ6 - 02 Golf GTi - 83 Golf Van - Constantly Changing

She's a beaut, I love the Zenders!
    If they think you're crude, go technical; if they think you're technical, go crude. I'm a very technical boy.

30? Typo surely? I was sure that was your 40th we were at ��
    www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk5 GTI, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, yadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

I thought he was 50 ten years ago

I age like a fine Milk ��
    131 520d - 07 Audi A4 S Line - 99 Golf GTI - 04 XJ6 - 02 Golf GTi - 83 Golf Van - Constantly Changing