Page 1 of 137 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Diecast collection thread pt 2

Diecast collection thread pt 2

We had a diecast thread previous to share photos of our collections, but photobucket changes pretty much turned that thread into a series of broken image links, I figured we'd start afresh. As before, any scale, new or vintage models, whether its hot wheels/matchbox or detailed scale models, it's all good, stick up your collections.

It could also be used to facilitate trades/swaps or if anyone wants to sell their collection - if you've a model you want to trade, just state so and what you'd swap/sell it for.

Previously I've been collecting 1/76 scale, and I've got a few new additions there, but won't be adding to it further for now. It's only Oxford doing that scale and while their models were really nice, it's mostly Brexit motoring, pretty much all British, few German/French yokes, no Japanese/Italian/American stuff, so I've switched up to 1/64 scale, which is pretty much similar to hotwheels/matchbox in size.

Here's a Hot Wheels RX7 next to an M2 1/64 scale Boss mustang to give you an idea.

Some engine bay detail on the Mustang

Norev Peugeot 404 - I've a feeling this is a little bigger than 1/64, I'm not sure how big a 404 is, but it's still a nice model

The beauty of collecting 1/64 is that you can really mix things up, you can go very high end detailed with the likes of Tomica Limited Vintage (got some on order but they'll take aaaages to arrive) but you can throw in some Hot Wheels / Matchbox for fun if you spot something that looks cool. Every collection needs a Batmobile, so Hot Wheels Batman vs. Superman Batmobile...

Hot Wheels Dark Knight trilogy "Tumbler" Batmobile

I'm a little less enthuses by Hot Wheels rendition of the 1989 Batmobile, you'll notice that Hot Wheels made the odd decision of not actually painting any of these Batmobiles black. The dark blue of the previous two is understandable, because it looks black in most light, but going straight for grey is weird. The proportions don't seem right either. There was a really nice toy made by Ertl I think back in the day which was way nicer, must track one down.

Hot Wheels stock in trade has always been more about fun "tricked out" looking cars than detailed replicas of regular cars, and usually these are the Hot Wheels I like best. They don't really do accurate most of the time, they're toys, though I still like the ones that tread that line between looking crazy, but still plausible as real world vehicles, like this gasser style 30s Ford.

Back to something more realistic, this Bburago Porsche 918 Spyder was a surprise gem, really nice for something that was Hot Wheels money. More surprising because most of Bburagos 1/64 models are a bit on the cheap and nasty side, but they seem to have done well here.

Quote Originally Posted by crank_case View Post
    We had a diecast thread previous to share photos of our collections, but photobucket changes pretty much turned that thread into a series of broken image links, I figured we'd start afresh. As before, any scale, new or vintage models, whether its hot wheels/matchbox or detailed scale models, it's all good, stick up your collections.

It could also be used to facilitate trades/swaps or if anyone wants to sell their collection - if you've a model you want to trade, just state so and what you'd swap/sell it for.

Previously I've been collecting 1/76 scale, and I've got a few new additions there, but won't be adding to it further for now. It's only Oxford doing that scale and while their models were really nice, it's mostly Brexit motoring, pretty much all British, few German/French yokes, no Japanese/Italian/American stuff, so I've switched up to 1/64 scale, which is pretty much similar to hotwheels/matchbox in size.

Here's a Hot Wheels RX7 next to an M2 1/64 scale Boss mustang to give you an idea.

I love the new RX7 casting. A friend of mine is sending me the red Kday exclusive RX7's, they should arrive sometime next week.

Yeah, the RX-7 is pretty sweet, like I said, they traditionally haven't been about accurate replicas, but they've really upped their game on the "stock" models of late.

Spark Models Newman Porsche 956