Page 179 of 205 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2044

Thread: What did you do to your MotorBike today?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfaguy View Post
    Another new helmet to add to my collection.

https://www.cmhelmets.com/product/ay...met-full-size/
    Well my helmet arrived yesterday and its really only a display helmet. I kinda knew that when I bought it but thought I could work around it to make it usable but I am sure it would be quite dangerous and it would be extremely uncomfortable and noisy.

Anyway I found a guy who paints helmets who is supposed to be really good and have ordered a set of the Senna helmet stickers. I will get him to paint up one of my existing helmets and put the stickers on. Hopefully they can be lacquered over or perhaps he might be able to put some clear wrap over the shell so that the stickers won't peel off. He can copy the display helmet so he can get the colours and sticker placements just right.

Is this Senna helmet meant to be for a motorcycle ? There is no mention about any safety standard or ECE 22-05 approval so I would be very wary to use that on my head.
    Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Are you saying you bought a helmet for €500 and it can't be worn??!

Quote Originally Posted by twail View Post
    And, just like that, my recent indiscretions are put back into perspective.

Thanks AG!
    Last edited by pedrosixfour; 13-02-2020 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twail View Post
    Yes - but it will look nice on the hall table.

It will do a nice decoration for sure, but from their description it looks like it's padded and wearable. What makes it only display helmet ? Is the padding only for visual purposes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike205 View Post
    It will do a nice decoration for sure, but from their description it looks like it's padded and wearable. What makes it only display helmet ? Is the padding only for visual purposes ?
    Yes - under the padding is a hard plastic lining. You would be safer wearing no helmet and it simply does not fit. I agree the add is a bit misleading - they refer to it being suitable for "motorsport" and if its only a display souvenir what difference does the size make - so why specify them. I have been had to a degree. But it will provide an ideal template for the painter to replicate the colour scheme and sticker placement onto my other helmet.

The box specifies - "Display souvenir" but it says that nowhere in the add.

Managed to get two nice spins on the bikes today in advance of the latest set of storms to hit tomorrow. In the morning I took out the Kawasaki and in the evening I took out the Ducati. I have not had the Thruxton out for weeks over the bad weather.

It was surprisingly mild weather before the weekend. Too bad it's turning now into another storm, I'm still looking for an replacement for the Tuono, hopefully something will arrive shortly.

Got the Daeg fairing sanded, filled and sanded again today. Looks okay to me.

Just finished masking the inside as I'm leaving that black.

Might try doing the several paint stages tomorrow between the shed and drying intervals in the kitchen.

Wifey's in Cork!