Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lotus Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by cooper1275 View Post
    No joy, rang around everyone today and im getting quates of 2300 for the car, and its 20 years for classic insurance !!!!!
    Did you try Campbell Autoline in Coleraine. Google their number. They definitely cover cars over 15.

I once cajoled Autoline into insuring a 14 year old MX5. They mainly did it as I was a previous customer, but definitely worth giving them a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by dabofoppo View Post
    I once cajoled Autoline into insuring a 14 year old MX5. They mainly did it as I was a previous customer, but definitely worth giving them a shout.
    Gonna try Auto line on tuesday, The lotus is only 14 years old this febuary so Hopefully they can do something for me.

Worth dropping into AXA, meet them in person, I got the Cappuccino on classic when it was 15 years old, worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Cappo View Post
    Worth dropping into AXA, meet them in person, I got the Cappuccino on classic when it was 15 years old, worth a try.
    Worked for me.

No look with Autoline, called them today and was told that the car needed to be a minimum of 15 years old, was then told that to get classic insurance on the lotus next February when its 15 years old that would be okay, as long as the driver was over 30 years of age, normal classic car policy with them on a mini, midget or anything like that is 25 years of age but not the lotus. So I'm afraid that this year the car isn't old enough for classic insurance and next year when it is old enough, im not near old enough ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!

Not looking good folks.

Any further luck with insurance lads? My 07 car has been off the road for a yr now cos I can't get any reasonably priced insurance?? 40 yrs old. Spotless license. 9+ yrs NCB

I would also suggest calling into your own local AXA in person. The criteria for their insurance also includes cars no longer in production so its a point worth mentioning to the lad accross the desk.
    Hoon–Five–0 2017.
    Ireland - France – Switzerland – Italy – Germany – Belgium

Insurance really has gone to the dogs.... My renewal was 1095. 40 yrs old with no points and 9+ NCB mirrored with 4 actual NCB on the car. A bit much for a second car i rarely use. Good news is though the car is now 15 years old and I got a classic policy with Autoline for 540. Limited to 3000 miles and Mods declared.

I'm with Liberty and I paid €495 last year for my insurance on an '05 111R which was down €5 on the previous year.