Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1020

Thread: Motor insurance gone to hell....2017

hi folks,
    i figured this was the best place to ask this question - if someone thinks it should be fresh thread let me know.
    i want to insure a second car. pure toy. drive it the odd time.
    i have a cheap rice econobox. want to buy a 15 year old smart roadster.
    so since autoline will not insure it as a classic - what is my best option for insuring it as cheap as possible?
    neither car worth much, just want to be legal....

I have a smart roadster coupe (it'll be up for sale soon, need to finish a few jobs on it first) and was paying €380 per annum with axa.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy View Post
    ... and was paying €380 per annum with axa.
    axa was not quoting me €380!!
    best i've managed is 800 !

Got my renewal with autoline(classic) went from 280 to 500, but that is to do with my car now being under 20 years old, I have to ring them and add an exhaust to the policy which I have yet to fit, hope it wont go up too much after that.

I assume you meant went to 280 from 500?

I just finished playing the annual game of round the insurance houses. What a pain.

Daily currently with AXA, whom to be fair I've never had an issue with. 600 last year and increased to 765 this year. Same car and no points etc etc.

Liberty and Aviva were within €10 of each other. Called AXA back and the best they could do was 688. So new policy now with Aviva for 535. Fully comp. breakdown etc

Quote Originally Posted by Traco View Post
    I just finished playing the annual game of round the insurance houses. What a pain.

Daily currently with AXA, whom to be fair I've never had an issue with. 600 last year and increased to 765 this year. Same car and no points etc etc.

Liberty and Aviva were within €10 of each other. Called AXA back and the best they could do was 688. So new policy now with Aviva for 535. Fully comp. breakdown etc
    Try Coverinaclick.ie - big brokers are often given preferred rates by the insurers you've mentioned plus they have access to overseas insurers that don't deal direct with the public. They've always come out on top for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
    I assume you meant went to 280 from 500?
    No, I mean 280 to 500. It is because the car is not under the usually criteria for the brokers classic policy so it works out more expensive until the car hits 20 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterboxster View Post
    Try Coverinaclick.ie - big brokers are often given preferred rates by the insurers you've mentioned plus they have access to overseas insurers that don't deal direct with the public. They've always come out on top for me.
    Cheers. I checked chill and their prices were the same as the ones I'd got. 5-600 is fine as I think beyond those prices I can't see how the business is viable for the underwriter. The cheapest that popped up was 490

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

I NCT'd our second car recently, it's done 2K since the previous NCT which seems like a ridiculous reason to own a Corolla.

Had a look online to see what it'd cost to transfer my insurance onto our other car. +€400 to switch to our Fiesta ST which seems bonkers, then I asked him to indulge me with a Quote for a Golf R which was +€200 on the Corolla quote.

On what planet is the Fiesta more of an insurance risk.