Page 108 of 114 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1140

Thread: Motor Insurance Gone To Hell... 2017-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Neelie View Post
    can anyone explain to me why the same car, same driver, same details quoted on a thursday is 900-odd euro cheaper than when quoted on a monday, today...????!!!
    i mean, does that not make it blatantly obvious how corrupt this is..???
    You see the mistake that you're making is to try and make sense of it. With Irish car insurance there are no rules, they can just pull a figure out of their deepest darkest anal cavity, maybe dig a little deeper one day and maybe not so much the next. It's basically a lottery.

Insurance companies should just provide scratch cards rather than quotes.

Renewal in the other day for a 2016 Fiesta ST. €640, down from around €750. I'm 30 with full NCB, no points and licence for 12 years. It's worth noting that this is via a broker through my work and that price includes a discount for passing the IAM test, is a Class 2 policy and my mods are declared.

Doing some quick online quotes this morning, the closest price I could get was €789 from 123 but that was only a Social, Domestic & Pleasure policy (and they only do Class 1) and before mentioning mods. The worst quote was Aviva who wanted €1025 which again was SD&P.

Quote Originally Posted by KevC View Post
    Renewal in the other day for a 2016 Fiesta ST. €640, down from around €750. I'm 30 with full NCB, no points and licence for 12 years. It's worth noting that this is via a broker through my work and that price includes a discount for passing the IAM test, is a Class 2 policy and my mods are declared.

Doing some quick online quotes this morning, the closest price I could get was €789 from 123 but that was only a Social, Domestic & Pleasure policy (and they only do Class 1) and before mentioning mods. The worst quote was Aviva who wanted €1025 which again was SD&P.
    I wonder do we work in the same company as that's how I got my quote down to a reasonable level. 20% off with IAM advanced driving test and an additional 10% off with my Annual TaxSaver ticket
    Current: '06 Silver Grey E60 530d
    Previous: '03 Silver Grey E46 M3, '02 Imola Red E46 325Ci, '98 Cosmos Schwartz E36 318iS

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS cosmos View Post
    I wonder do we work in the same company as that's how I got my quote down to a reasonable level. 20% off with IAM advanced driving test and an additional 10% off with my Annual TaxSaver ticket
    ..so who's giving discounts for the IAM test these days?

I've always paid over a grand a year for insurance. Went with Liberty on a 330e msport in 2018, half way through the year I bought a 2008 c63 estate. Insurance was quoted at €800 or so, happy out! Come renewal time last week Liberty wanted €780 so I looked around. Cheapest most brokers got me was €1300 if at all. I think I tried chill.ie then and got quoted €640 with Allianz. Then I checked direct with Allianz, fully comp and wife on the policy, 39 years old, full ncb, no points, €540. Can't believe I'm actually chuffed with my premium for a change. Online quote by the way. Worth a try lads

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS cosmos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mick View Post
    ..so who's giving discounts for the IAM test these days?
    I'm in the ESB and the broker is JLT underwritten by Allianz.

Quote Originally Posted by Hankcharlie View Post
    I've always paid over a grand a year for insurance. Went with Liberty on a 330e msport in 2018, half way through the year I bought a 2008 c63 estate. Insurance was quoted at €800 or so, happy out! Come renewal time last week Liberty wanted €780 so I looked around. Cheapest most brokers got me was €1300 if at all. I think I tried chill.ie then and got quoted €640 with Allianz. Then I checked direct with Allianz, fully comp and wife on the policy, 39 years old, full ncb, no points, €540. Can't believe I'm actually chuffed with my premium for a change. Online quote by the way. Worth a try lads
    Must be deep rural location where the risk is significantly reduced?

Location is a bigger indicator than driver's age or vehicle model with many underwriters, up there with claims history.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinspark View Post
    Must be deep rural location where the risk is significantly reduced?

Location is a bigger indicator than driver's age or vehicle model with many underwriters, up there with claims history.
    Nope, based in Waterfall in Cork, about three minutes from Bishopstown.

Nice result. It pays to shop around, that's for sure. It's a PITA to fill out all those online forms but if it saves a bunch of change, that's how it is.
    I'm with the resistance

Quote Originally Posted by KevC View Post
    I'm in the ESB and the broker is JLT underwritten by Allianz.
    Aha! I thought so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current: '06 Silver Grey E60 530d
    Previous: '03 Silver Grey E46 M3, '02 Imola Red E46 325Ci, '98 Cosmos Schwartz E36 318iS