Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: BMW i8: experiences, thoughts, etc as cure to mid-life crisis?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken997 View Post
    Great video that..makes me want to save up and buy a 918 ��
    Thanks for taking the time for the write up Ken, I love the look of the them and you have most certainly peeked my interest. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon E View Post
    Oh and do you mind me asking who you have it insured with at that kind of price? I know it will all depend on circumstances and claims etc but I would imagine phoning a few of the main stream companies and mentioning BMW i8 that they would just hang up the phone on you!
    I got a quick guide quote last week from my broker, as a new policy (i.e. no N/C) of €2k. So if I was transferring an existing policy with full N/C, you can half that. No points, no claims, etc etc
    They indicated most companies will not quote.

And a bit of hunting around would probably find a better quote. However I expect the thought of repairing a bit of CF bodywork might scare some.

The cheap tax is a winner anyway!
    GP2 | E30M3 | Clio Cup Racer

See production of the i8 is finishing up in April.

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-...oduction/41644

Hard to believe it's been in production for seven years.

Sad in some ways, but I still have mixed views on the i8. I feel like BMW could have done so much more with it, especially after talking to some of the engineers that quietly developed some more interesting prototype derivatives of it. I wonder what the values will be like in a few more years and how it will be seen in the future.

What else were they planning?

Different engine instead of the 3 cylinder Mini one?

Not so much officially planning, more of a skunkworks thing of stuff they had made to show the product people. Much larger engines/power outputs etc, including a hydrogen one.
    Last edited by DaveHumphreys; 14-01-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Some of those could have been interesting 😉

Wasnt the 1M a sort of skunkworks car?

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    What else were they planning?

Different engine instead of the 3 cylinder Mini one?
    There is an i4 coming, but have not seen any pictures yet..
    "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
    "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

There is an i4 coming, due in 2021 with an 80kWh battery. More details along with pics of it and the electric SUV (possibly to be called the iX) here: https://www.completecar.ie/car-news/...lectric-saloon