Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: TG - The Grand Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Punky1968 View Post
    The Grand Tour may not be an Amazon Prime only show.

http://www.techradar.com/news/televi...er-all-1329675
    Well that's the news from September 30, 2016
    Yesterday I gave up my seat on the bus for a blind person
    Today, I lost my job as a bus driver. This world is too cruel for the kind hearted..

The yanks are absolutely lapping up The Grand Tour! You'd nearly be stoned to death ushering a bad word about it.

I started watching it on Prime for the first few weeks.

Utterly shite. The "American" test driver is a complete tit, but they love him over here. Same jokes from him and the 3 boys every week.
    Current Bad Ideas:
    Speed - 2000 Black Audi B5 S4 APR Stage III-Launch Control-Flat Shift-Pops-Bags-Farts
    Grip - 1990 White BMW E30 325i - Soon to be 1JZ Single Turbo with 6 Speed Box
    Boring - 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500
    Previous "Better" Ideas: Imola Yellow B5 S4, e30 m3, e34 m5, Inca Orange 2002Tii, '89 325iS, '89 318i, '90 318iS, '91 318iS, 2 X '87 316, '89 320i, '81 e21 316

Quote Originally Posted by e30mclow View Post
    I started watching it on Prime for the first few weeks.

Utterly shite. The "American" test driver is a complete tit, but they love him over here. Same jokes from him and the 3 boys every week.
    Agree the driver and track are rubbish!

Watched two episodes. The Hot House Flowers were the only highlight.

Its vastly grown on me, first EP was good, then dropped off as they didn't even have any cars for the vast majority of the ep's but now I look forward to watching it.

This with a better TG would tick all needs on the TV with YouTube for the rest.
    151 A3 SLine Saloon 1.4TSFI COD Ultra

I'm sure it's being well received by non car people but I've no interest in it at all - and I've tried.
    Very little about cars and the bits that are all fairly contrived, test track nonsense and poorly staging the silly moments make it very hard to watch for free, let alone pay for it.
    I think it's trying to hard to be funny using the same old "jokes".

TG looks like it'll do well now they've sorted the casting.

Yeah, I kind of gave up on it as well. I was very enthusiastic about it but I can't bring myself to watch another episode anymore. They have ruined it. During Christmas there was one tv channell which was showing "Top Gear Marathon". Basically TopGear all day long, God ! They had some good episodes and good laugh ! I didn't realized how good the old episodes sometimes were.
    Today, I lost my job as a bus driver. This world is too cruel for the kind hearted..

Episode 1 from Season 2 is ready to watch, i've actually really enjoyed it. They got rid of stupid American, they have new new track and celebrity doing laps. I found it very funny and comparison between Rimac, Avantador and NSX was nice to watch on beautiful Swiss roads.

The woman gave out to me she couldn't hear the T.V over the laughter. I watched it on the laptop downloaded it fairly easy.

Worth a watch I enjoyed it anyway. Tesla was an eye opener! That thing is a missile.