Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: TG - The Grand Tour

i think the difference is that the current TG crew seem to be genuinely having fun, while the GT crew (apart from a few specific chunks of film in this series) appear to have lost that sense of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by busaboy View Post
    Bring back William Woollard!
    not this again... hahaha
    Yesterday I gave up my seat on the bus for a blind person
    Today, I lost my job as a bus driver. This world is too cruel for the kind hearted..

What really puzzles me is how they managed to save the in car audio from the Alpine fire. They must have re-recorded that after the fact.
    I'm with the resistance

Harris in the Volvo doing the cross country SUV shoot out looked like good craic!

I have to say I really enjoyed that series of TG, much better than I would if the old crew had been doing it.

I haven't watched the latest series of the Grand Tour yet, and i am not sure if I am bothered to see it either.

Quote Originally Posted by DMZ View Post
    What really puzzles me is how they managed to save the in car audio from the Alpine fire. They must have re-recorded that after the fact.
    Maybe they were wearing mic packs?

Quote Originally Posted by thos View Post
    Harris in the Volvo doing the cross country SUV shoot out looked like good craic!
    Volvo really needs to look at those engine mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by hooch View Post
    I have to say I really enjoyed that series of TG, much better than I would if the old crew had been doing it.

I haven't watched the latest series of the Grand Tour yet, and i am not sure if I am bothered to see it either.
    2nd season of GT is much much better than the first one, they took a lot of things on board and improved. You should see it.
    Yesterday I gave up my seat on the bus for a blind person
    Today, I lost my job as a bus driver. This world is too cruel for the kind hearted..

The Lancia rally segment was probably the best. They have put up a part of it on YouTube but it's worth watching the whole thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghUldLcBCYw

I get the sense the Grand Tour is on its last legs. It's kind of stumbling along with old-ish ideas.
    I'm with the resistance

Quote Originally Posted by thos View Post
    There is some really great content if you simply sit back and watch the way Chris Harris can drive a car. The Volvo coming over a crest and then fully broadside down a steep grassy bank was pretty cool, but if you go back to Episode 1 in America, theres a small clip during the Ken Block 'chase' where it cuts to Chris whipping the Aston fully sideways while driving one-handed and looking out the back window!! The Japan episode, on a whole, was one of the best pieces of TV I've seen in a long time, likely since the rather wonderfull James Mays Cars of The People series

I enjoyed TG after forcing myself to sit down and watch a car TV show, something I find hard to do now. I loved Harris' enthusiasm over his 2CV as well. Much fewer awkward moments this season. I could be mistaken, but I don't think there was one car pointlessly dropped from a great height, which is refreshing.