Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: TG - The Grand Tour

Quote Originally Posted by derekjohn View Post
    Format remains the same. An entertainment show based loosely around cars. The only real knowledgeable petrol head has become the focus of poorly scripted ridicule. I didn’t expect much and they duly delivered.
    this
    Yesterday I gave up my seat on the bus for a blind person
    Today, I lost my job as a bus driver. This world is too cruel for the kind hearted..

Harris seems to be giving it as good as he gets this week! Some decent burns on Flintoff there. I'm actually enjoying this.

New series is entertaining. There's a hint of The Three Stooges for the 21st century from it.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    The thing about Petrol head content on Top Gear, there is now way better motoring content on Youtube to suit exactly what you want. In fairness to the BBC, a petrol head show is going to have a limited appeal but a comedy show that happens to have some car content has much bigger potential.
    Agreed. It's been a car based entertainment show now for at least a decade barring a few standout episodes. I was very skeptical about this years line-up, especially as I thought the balance with MLB and CH was just starting to gel in the last one. I've liked the first two episodes though, a good few laugh out loud moments and at least 'seems' less scripted than Clarkson/Hammond/May.

I like it,slow burner but meant to be

does that mean that twat rory is gone can't stand him

Watched the 2 new 'episodes' (did we really used to call Top Gear episodes?). It's a bit .
    At least the last set of idiots had some credentials. The 2 new idiots have none.
    Harris is the only bit worth watching, but you can get his good/better stuff elsewhere.

Are those tw8ts Sabine Smith and Eddie Jordan gone?

Sabine was in one of the trailers.
    Yesterday I gave up my seat on the bus for a blind person
    Today, I lost my job as a bus driver. This world is too cruel for the kind hearted..

I watched the last two TG’s more or less back to back this evening. It occurred to me that the EV episode was quite dull and the V8 hearse was strangely appealing. And the E63 estate is a wonderful thing. Maybe it’s my ambivalent attitude towards the Model 3 but I can’t for the life of me find anything to get excited about when it comes to that car. Anyways, it’s not a bad little show. The star in a car thing is still ffwd fodder but other than that, not bad.
    I'm with the resistance