Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TG - The Grand Tour

TG - The Grand Tour

The Grand Tour may not be an Amazon Prime only show.

http://www.techradar.com/news/televi...er-all-1329675

Money talks ehhhh

Wouldn't hold my breath after reading that, it's possible but unlikely. I'd say they'll wait a season or two at least then drip feed it out, ITV first, then continual limbo on Dave sometime round 2030.

Looking forward to this!
    We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

ok, we have moved on from Clarksons removal from the BBC.

I like the season so far. 2 more episodes to go.

some parts are fun, others a bit ... miss. But for a new beginning, I think it's going well. I am certainly more excited about TGT future prospects than the next series of TG (in regards to entertainment). the Jordan episode is weak in hindsight (but, for these 3 guys, not entirely unexpected). I like it.
    Sent from my diamond encrusted yacht off the coast of Skull island

I think TG may go more hardcore car with Chris Harris and Rory Reid and Sabine Schmidt being involved, and Matt Le Blanc is not bad either. Which means it may be a better show than GT (for the likes of us anyway).

Last week's GT was typical - a really good piece on the Alfa Giula Quadrifoglio (or whatever it is) with a bit of quite OK banter, the stupid fictional killing off of a star and then some boll ocks that went on for most of the program about making a coral reef out of old cars. I watched a bit of that then fast forwarded to the end to see if there was anything else. But I guess most of the world will fast forward through the car stuff to get to the stupid messing around bit so it will do well.

Its been a bit crap so far to be fair!

The NSX and Guilia pieces were good apart from that have found it truly awful.
    The "banter" and "special" pieces while aimed at the masses are really bad and surely losing their appeal to the non petrolheads.
    Thought actual top gear wasn't bad for a first series with new presenters, much better than the previous few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    I think TG may go more hardcore car with Chris Harris and Rory Reid and Sabine Schmidt being involved, and Matt Le Blanc is not bad either. Which means it may be a better show than GT (for the likes of us anyway).
    If so, then YES! that would be marvellous. Chris Evans' Tg did nothing for me. More Chris Harris. Rory didnt do much for me either, other than save himself from the Evans stain.
    Sent from my diamond encrusted yacht off the coast of Skull island